BDP's 2019 GM Mock Discussion!!

BringinDaPain

Just now, Madmike90 said:

And Kiper said JaMarcus Russell was the next Elway...so what? Just because guys share traits don't make them the same player man.

Right. So just because you don't think he's fast enough or physical enough to fit niche roles doesn't mean he can't be a very good player.

I definitely jumped the Redskins to take a QB, but also other teams in striking range when a number of people have posted interest in trading around the late first round and multiple trade up offers existed where I had to overpay a bit to get up. Daniel Jones I thought was great value there along with Josh Jacobs and some defensive linemen. Josh Jacobs wouldn't make sense as I have a 25 year old Melvin Gordon and a 37 year old Philip Rivers. I think Jones developing under Rivers who is in the last year of his contract is a good situation. The Chargers aren't bad and won't be in the hunt for the top few QBs in the 2020 class, and still would need a long term answer. I think Jones delivers that (long term answer and better back up than Geno) this year and gets to learn behind a great QB who can play this year and maybe a couple after that, but we will have Jones there to not fall off the face of the earth when Rivers is done. If I stayed pat I was hoping Christian Wilkins or Jones would fall, but that was too risky and I didn't want to end up in a discount trade back or have some panic needs pick like Greg Little there, or something that makes no sense like Josh Jacobs when I have Gordon.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

And Kiper said JaMarcus Russell was the next Elway...so what? Just because guys share traits don't make them the same player man.

I don't see any similarity between Russell and Elway. lol.

Harry can be a good player at next level but he doesn't hold better value than other talents like Josh Jacob or Jachai Polite. That is a mistake to take Harry over Jacob or Polite.

Archived