New 7 Rounder With Comp Picks - Updated 22nd Feb

goldfishwars

21 hours ago, pwny said:

I'm confused by these two sentiments. I understand putting off QB if we took Foles and instead focusing on surrounding him with talent. I don't really understand then using a second round pick on a flawed QB. If we're taking Foles, fine. I don't like it, but fine. But if we are, lean into it and surround him with as much talent as we can amass. 

I think I've been listening to Jags fans who say they need to sign one QB and draft another. 

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

I think I've been listening to Jags fans who say they need to sign one QB and draft another. 

As far as I’ve seen, that’s been more related to the fans who don’t want to spend big on a guy like Foles that is supposed to start for at least a couple years. More of a sign Tyrod or other type of fringe starter for cheap, then get the QB who is supposed to be the long term. Basically with the intent of replicating what the Browns did this past season.

I think if you sign Foles, you’ve gotta commit to getting weapons around him. This Front Office is in a situation where they’ll be fired if they don’t meet certain standards this season, so I’m not sure they can justify spending a second round pick on a backup who maybe can be turned to in a few years from now. Maybe you pull the trigger on that 6th round pick with Finley still there, or maybe (but still probably not) take Grier in the 4th if he’s not snatched up the pick before like in your mock, but I think if Caldwell’s job security is attached to Foles, you’ve gotta assume that he’s gonna be putting more effort into finding players to put around him that can step in as starters and role players really quickly, rather than someone to sit behind him.

Solid pick in the 1st for the Vikings, but I don't see them going back to back OL.

If they go Lindstrom in round one, I would prefer to see someone like Saunders at DT in round two or even another WR in round two.

Overall I think a solid Vikings draft, but not my favorite. I really like the Tyree Jackson pick to end the draft. I think he's a huge upside player to be taken that late.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:01 AM, goldfishwars said:

Houston Texans
 23. Dalton Risner [ OT ] Kansas State
 54. Trayvon Mullen [ CB ] Clemson
 55. Michael Deiter [ OG ] Wisconsin
 87. Amani Hooker [ S ] Iowa
 163. Miles Sanders [ RB ] Penn State
 199. David Sills [ WR ] West Virginia
 226. Paul Adams [ OT ] Missouri

Marry me, please. :)

I love everything about this. Risner, Mullen, Deiter, Sanders, Sills - everything is so beautiful. So beautiful.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Marry me, please. :)

I love everything about this. Risner, Mullen, Deiter, Sanders, Sills - everything is so beautiful. So beautiful.

Too bad Risner would never fall past Minnesota at 18 I feel especially if he is still there which I doubt.  Mullen is a little reach in the 2nd, outside of his last few games he had a pretty so so season I would say and got beat a decent amount especially early in the year.  Sills could be a stud in the NFL with those hands that is for sure and Hooker would be a good FS prospect who has good range and is solid in coverage.

Indianapolis Colts

26. Byron Murphy [ CB ] Washington
 34. Jeffery Simmons [ DT ] Mississippi State
 58. Hakeem Butler [ WR ] Iowa State
 90. Benny Snell Jr. [ RB ] Kentucky
 129. Jaquan Johnson [ S ] Miami
 136. Emmanuel Hall [ WR ] Missouri
 167. Ed Alexander [ DT ] LSU
 202. Iman Marshall [ CB ] USC
 244. BJ Autry [ OG ] Jacksonville State

First two picks would make me cry tears of unfathomable joy.  The rest is good as well.  My only issue I guess would be not adding any DL talent that would actually improve the unit for the coming season.  We need pass rush in the worst way.

Pretty solid Bengals draft.  The original picks aren't bad, but I'd change it to Little in Rd 2 and Pratt in rd 3.  Everything else is pretty good.  Bengals could use 2 new starting LB in White and Pratt, and I think both would start immediately.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:01 AM, goldfishwars said:

San Francisco 49ers
 2. Nick Bosa [ EDGE ] Ohio State
 37. Nasir Adderley [ S ] Delaware
 67. Riley Ridley [ WR ] Georgia
 105. Kris Boyd [ CB ] Texas
 179. Nick Alegretti [ OG ] Illinois
 216. Bryce Love [ RB ] Stanford
 247. Tyre Brady [ WR ] Marshall

I'd like to have seen a LB in there somewhere, but the majority of this haul is a win, to me. Well done, sir. :) 

On 2/16/2019 at 1:01 AM, goldfishwars said:

Oakland Raiders
 4. Rashan Gary [ DT ] Michigan
 24. T.J. Hockenson [ TE ] Iowa
 27. N'Keal Harry [ WR ] Arizona State
 36. Johnathan Abram [ S ] Mississippi State
 66. Damien Harris [ RB ] Alabama
 107. Will Grier [ QB ] WVU
 144. Terrill Hanks [ LB ] New Mexico State
 200. Anthony Ratliff-Williams [ WR ] North Carolina
 222. Blace Brown [ CB ] Troy

Great job with the Raiders draft. The only pick that I'd change would be Deebo Samuel instead of N'Keal Harry at 27. Or Josh Jacobs at 24 and TJ Hockenson at 27. Love the Abram, Harris, Grier, and Hanks picks. 

On 2/16/2019 at 1:01 AM, goldfishwars said:

Los Angeles Rams

31. Jachai Polite [ EDGE ] Florida
 63. Erik McCoy [ C ] Texas A & M
 99. Joe Giles-Harris [ LB ] Duke
 101. Nate Herbig [ OG ] Stanford
 134. Jordan Brown [ CB ] South Dakota State
 171. Marquise Blair [ S ] Utah
 207. Jordan Brailford [ EDGE ] Oklahoma State
 249. Olive Sagapolu [ DT ] Wisconsin
 255. Alize Mack [ TE ] Notre Dame

Some interesting picks in there and the position choices are pretty good as well. One note pick 249 was traded to the Giants in the Alec Ogletree trade last year. With that you could probably just slide Sagapolu down to 255 if you think he's still there 6 picks later instead of the TE.

On 2/16/2019 at 4:01 AM, goldfishwars said:

25. Philadelphia Eagles - Joshua Jacobs [ RB ] Alabama

I know Eagles fans don’t seem to like a running back in the first, but Jacobs is a massive talent with barely any tread on his tyres. The Eagles need a physical downhill runner in their stable and Jacobs can give them that and more.

Physical Down-Hill running games aren't what wins football games in this league in this day and age. Hard pass.

Archived