Jump to content
goldfishwars

New 7 Rounder With Comp Picks - Updated 22nd Feb

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

Physical Down-Hill running games aren't what wins football games in this league in this day and age. Hard pass.

This exact thinking of all the other 31 teams is why the Patriots will dominate the next 3-4 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Positional need and flexibility (G/T) make Ford and Risner better fits in Minnesota than Bradbury.  I like hitting the DL and OL trenches in rounds 2-3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Positional need and flexibility (G/T) make Ford and Risner better fits in Minnesota than Bradbury.  I like hitting the DL and OL trenches in rounds 2-3.

Nah, disagree. Ford and Risner are gap/power fits. Bradbury is a perfect fit for Minnesota's ZBS. Move Elflein to guard and that interior improves infinitely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 3:01 AM, goldfishwars said:

Team by Team at the bottom


7. Jacksonville Jaguars  - T.J. Hockenson [ TE ] Iowa


91. Los Angeles Chargers  - DaMarkus Lodge [ WR ] Mississippi


108. New York Giants  - Anfernee Jennings [ EDGE ] Alabama

164. Dallas Cowboys  - Kendall Sheffield [ CB ] Ohio State

173. Washington Redskins (Compensatory Pick) - Saivion Smith [ CB ] Alabama
 



247. Minnesota Vikings (Compensatory Pick) - Caleb Wilson [ TE ] UCLA
248. Arizona Cardinals (Compensatory Pick) - Cody Barton [ LB ] Utah

      
 

Good to see you finally include Stidham, David Long, Alex Bars, Minshew and Tranquill but still missing a few others.

 

And I did not see this earlier with the others but I believe Anfernee Jennings is a RS JR and is returning to Alabama, is not going out of the draft, did not declare as a underlcassman and was not invited to the combine for that reason.

 

Why so high on Hockenson?  Sure if he runs like a 4.4 40 or something and kills it at the combine but his lack of elite size and length could hurt him.  Fine talent but not sure he is top 10 pick in the draft good.  

 

So you think DaMarkus Lodge will get drafted that high much less drafted at all?  I feel there are many WRs better than him and Ole Miss does not exactly have a great WR track record, will see if Metcalf but more importantly AJ Brown can change some of that.  I am not sold on Saivion Smith, he was barely a starter on Bama this past year and that was only because Diggs got injured arguably, he is a little slow but sure has some ability but in that title game and the playoff he did not play well I thought.  Sheffield did not either but at least he will obviously time well in the 40 so some team will take a risk on him.

 

Why so low on Caleb Wilson?  Is a great stretch TE, sure is not a huge dude but has been wildly productive this past year without great QB play and would of did great things the year before if he did not get injured.  Has fine speed and is a natural pass catcher, I think he has a lot of upside and value especially in the pass happy NFL of today.  Natural pass catcher that is for sure and could maybe put on a little weight as well and bulk up.

 

 

Vikings with Garrett Bradbury, no way that happens with Risner on the board.  Risner I think would be a great fit at OG for them in a huge position of need.  Center would make sense but to me in the later rounds like 2nd or better yet 3rd.  Not totally sold on Elflein playing guard either but maybe, of course did it in college and struggled at times last year at center.  Also not totally sold on Bradbury as the clear #1 center either.  For the Vikings I would rather have Jenkins or McCoy in the 2nd or 3rd round.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Vikings with Garrett Bradbury, no way that happens with Risner on the board.  Risner I think would be a great fit at OG for them in a huge position of need.  Center would make sense but to me in the later rounds like 2nd or better yet 3rd.  Not totally sold on Elflein playing guard either but maybe, of course did it in college and struggled at times last year at center.  Also not totally sold on Bradbury as the clear #1 center either.  For the Vikings I would rather have Jenkins or McCoy in the 2nd or 3rd round.  

 

Bradbury is the best interior offensive lineman in the draft, let alone just amongst centers and a much better fit for Minnesota's ZBS scheme than Risner. Risner is fairly versatile, but much better in a gap scheme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You really think we pass on Haskins/Murray for Hock? Hock at 7 is fine, wouldn't mind it but I want Haskins at 7

I think you guys will sign Foles and see how that plays for a year or so. I think someone will talk themselves into Hock top ten, wouldn't go there myself - but his stock is going to go nuts if he has a good combine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I think you guys will sign Foles and see how that plays for a year or so. I think someone will talk themselves into Hock top ten, wouldn't go there myself - but his stock is going to go nuts if he has a good combine. 

I just dont see how we can afford to pay him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I just dont see how we can afford to pay him

Just cut Gipson and Dareus and you're sort of there right? I just think the DeFillipo move, plus perhaps not wanting to build around a rookie QB with the team you guys have sort of points in that direction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Just cut Gipson and Dareus and you're sort of there right? I just think the DeFillipo move, plus perhaps not wanting to build around a rookie QB with the team you guys have sort of points in that direction. 

Thats kind of a catch-22 right? Cutting Dareus, Malik Jackson, and Gipson significantly hurts our defense that made us so good in 2017. We need those big uglies up front to free up Telvin Smith who had a down year in 2018 in both defensive aspects. Is Foles THAT much better than a rookie QB? He had an awesome year a while ago, then flamed out hard pretty much negating any good from the previous year, went on an absolute tear in the SB and vs the Vikings but didn't play all that well this year in the playoffs vs the Bears and Saints. Rather than roll with a relatively unknown QB like Foles since he still hasn't played enough lately to warrant such a big contract, I'd rather keep some guys that have proven their worth or at the very least if we cut them, spend that $ elsewhere on the OL or somewhere else and go get the best QB in the draft. No free agency starts before the draft and if we dont make a splash at QB in free agency it does make us desperate in the draft but in this scenario I just think we cause more problems by cutting proven defensive guys and putting ALL that money into Foles. We dont have even close to the weapons the Eagles have and definitely not the OL either. Plus we have to spend what a 2nd round pick on him at least?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patriots,  I love the player Fant however I don't see him as the best option at TE.  Any other year great pick however the Pats ( TE complete over haul next year ) are moving to a more run offense and Gronk blocking was a big key to winning SB. I would go with Irv Smith with this pick. Now if Gronk comes back Fant looks better IMO. Tough choice with Gronk situation  but I would go Smith.

That would change your whole draft. He my take on the Pats based on your board

New England Patriots
 32. Noah Fant [ TE ] Iowa --                                                Irvin Smith [ TE ] Alabama
 56. A.J. Brown [ WR ] Mississippi --                                   Anthony Nelson [ EDGE ] Iowa
 64. Renell Wren [ DT ] Arizona State ---                              J.J. Arcega-Whiteside [ WR ] Stanford
 73. Chase Winovich [ EDGE ] Michigan ---                         David Edwards [ OT ] Wisconsin
 97. Andy Isabella [ WR ] Umass                                      
 101. David Long Jr [ LB ] West Virginia ----                       Greg Gaines [ DT ] Washington
 134. Kingsley Keke [ DT ] Texas A & M                            
 205. Jordan Taa'amu [ QB ] Oles Miss ----                        Demarcus Christmas [ DT ] Florida State
 231. Mark Fields [ CB ] Clemson
 237. Malik Grant [ S ] Marshall
 239. Terry Beckner [ DT ] Missouri----                                  Tommy Sweeney [ TE ]
 252. Ryan Davis [ WR ] Auburn

Great work on the draft.

Edited by m haynes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats kind of a catch-22 right? Cutting Dareus, Malik Jackson, and Gipson significantly hurts our defense that made us so good in 2017. We need those big uglies up front to free up Telvin Smith who had a down year in 2018 in both defensive aspects. Is Foles THAT much better than a rookie QB? He had an awesome year a while ago, then flamed out hard pretty much negating any good from the previous year, went on an absolute tear in the SB and vs the Vikings but didn't play all that well this year in the playoffs vs the Bears and Saints. Rather than roll with a relatively unknown QB like Foles since he still hasn't played enough lately to warrant such a big contract, I'd rather keep some guys that have proven their worth or at the very least if we cut them, spend that $ elsewhere on the OL or somewhere else and go get the best QB in the draft. No free agency starts before the draft and if we dont make a splash at QB in free agency it does make us desperate in the draft but in this scenario I just think we cause more problems by cutting proven defensive guys and putting ALL that money into Foles. We dont have even close to the weapons the Eagles have and definitely not the OL either. Plus we have to spend what a 2nd round pick on him at least?

Yeah - all fair. It's not something I would advocate for, but knowing who is running the Jags my guess is they would prefer a veteran starting at QB next year. There's not an obvious route to getting it done, but it wouldn't be the first time a team has found cap room and squeeze contracts when it doesn't look possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im sorry but there is 0 chance in hell the jags pass on Haskins.  im not buying this whole jags love foles which seems driven more by the national media and is lazy cuz we have his former coach but im sure we are partly interested in him but the money/deal need to be right cuz honestly outside of philly foles has sucked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×