New 7 Rounder With Comp Picks - Updated 22nd Feb

goldfishwars

On 2/22/2019 at 7:35 PM, goldfishwars said:

I think you guys will sign Foles and see how that plays for a year or so. I think someone will talk themselves into Hock top ten, wouldn't go there myself - but his stock is going to go nuts if he has a good combine. 

coughlin-marrone-caldwell are coaching/gm'ing for the jobs this offseason cuz they got 1 year left on extensions and right now whos to say Foles is even better then hockenson at this point.  Coughlin seems to like to stick with need and value and he knows he needs a QB so why wouldnt he Sign Foles and Draft Haskens and let them fight over the spot and go from there.  FWIW i heard the jags have Haskens number 1 on their end of season big-board and i dont see anything recently to even suggest that has changed.    

i would personally rather see us doing something like a 2 year 20 million for Teddy because he is young and could definitely manage a game and has upside. i could also see us going with Old War horse Josh McCown(Deflippio connection via Cleveland(performed at his best in the scheme not mention a great vet to have to teach a young QB) as well potentially Tyrod Taylor and Ryan Fitzpatrick tho Hundley would be an interesting kinda idea. 

Solid effort.

I don't like Rashaan Gary that much to take him at 4, but I get it. I also think off-ball LB needs to be addressed sooner (within first 3 rounds preferably). 

Also, the Raiders own Seattle's 7th round pick from the preseason deal that sent SEA Shalom Luani, but I can be mistaken...

Good call on Chris Lindstrom, he impressed a lot at the combine with those numbers.  Never really noticed him a ton during the season but looking back he seems like a very solid OG no doubt and one of the better interior lineman in the draft.  Same with Garrett Bradbury, never was a huge fan of his in the season but obviously is a great athlete for a center and moves extremely well, but would have to be in the correct offensive system because in the wrong system he might not be as effective.  Needs a lot of misdirection and OL motion in the offense like NC State did to take advantage of his athletic ability.  

Even though they are close to the same size, I still like the Mike or Maurkeice Pouncey types who can handle themselves one on one very well yet are still athletic.  They had a better punch with their hands and can control guys a little more.  Bradbury put up impressive numbers bench wise at the combine but not sure I see that power center from him, that just takes guys completely out of the play.  Still is an interesting player just not sure I would spend a high 1st rounder on him, will see.

Archived