Sign in to follow this  
Heimdallr

The Zim-Zam Flim-Flam: All Things Zimmer

Been thinking about Zimmer and the happenings of this season. Something that is worrying me is we seem very reactionary vs. having a construct of what this team is and is capable of. So we wander around plugging one hole in hopes that another doesn’t spring up. No cohesive identity and that lies at the feet of the head coach. I love me some Zimmer. The defense has been extremely fun to watch under his tenure. Now it’s time for him to show if he can influence both sides of the ball. Unfortunately, it may be too late to fix this season. Still hopeful, but time is running out. 

4 hours ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Been thinking about Zimmer and the happenings of this season. Something that is worrying me is we seem very reactionary vs. having a construct of what this team is and is capable of. So we wander around plugging one hole in hopes that another doesn’t spring up. No cohesive identity and that lies at the feet of the head coach. I love me some Zimmer. The defense has been extremely fun to watch under his tenure. Now it’s time for him to show if he can influence both sides of the ball. Unfortunately, it may be too late to fix this season. Still hopeful, but time is running out. 

I think it's going to take one more offseason.  If Zim will demand that we fix the O-line, this could be an excellent team again.  I believe in Coach Zimmer.

24 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

who predicts more DBs than OL in draft. 

I'd be all for drafting Cousins' heir apparent in round 1 or 2 and then spending every other pick on the offensive line. 

However, I'm predicting right now that we draft a DT or S with our first pick. 

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I'd be all for drafting Cousins' heir apparent in round 1 or 2 and then spending every other pick on the offensive line. 

However, I'm predicting right now that we draft a DT or S with our first pick. 

Why a Safety? Smith is still playing well and Harris looks like he belongs. Are you assuming that Harris priced himself out of MN. Guess I don't see that with how the FA Safety market played out last year.

27 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Why a Safety? Smith is still playing well and Harris looks like he belongs. Are you assuming that Harris priced himself out of MN. Guess I don't see that with how the FA Safety market played out last year.

Nope. Just a hunch. 

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Considering teams in the current version of the league need as many DBs as OL on the team, that wouldn't be all that surprising.  And with Sherels being forced into the game (and having no business ever being in the game other than on special teams), it's evident that they will need more DBs.  

14 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Considering teams in the current version of the league need as many DBs as OL on the team, that wouldn't be all that surprising.  And with Sherels being forced into the game (and having no business ever being in the game other than on special teams), it's evident that they will need more DBs.  

I think this is reason why Sherels should no longer be on the roster. We need real CBs on game day. 

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Even. Probably 2 each. 

G + T

CB + S