The Zim-Zam Flim-Flam: All Things Zimmer

Heimdallr

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t mind the current setup of Zimmer and Cousins on one year deals. Doesn’t Spielman have a year left too? Let them all sink or swim together.

I think Zimmer and Spielman are more tied together than Cousins with them.  Especially if Paton gets the Browns' GM job, then it'll make it easier to clean house completely if they decide to do so.  They could pseudo tie in Cousins with a similar extension, but have the dead money drop at the end of Spielman/Zimmer's contracts.  

44 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Neither does a longer one either.  In 2009, Chilly got a 3-yr extension through 2013..and was fired 10 months later.

Right. My point is just that signing him to an extension does lock him in. I imagine some people will have a problem with signing him to an extension

38 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Right. My point is just that signing him to an extension does lock him in. I imagine some people will have a problem with signing him to an extension

Oh, I'm sure there will be someone that will be upset, but at least it's not like Cleveland, who's probably still paying Hue Jackson.