The Zim-Zam Flim-Flam: All Things Zimmer

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I have to think it's between Zimmer and McVay.

Who decides COTY? Is it something the fans get to vote on?

No. It’s voted on by select AP voters. 

If Zimmer isn’t the COTY, then there is something seriously wrong with the voters. 

Especially considering that Zimmer thoroughly shut down McVay’s offense. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

Brady’s brilliance takes Belichick out of the discussion, IMO. Plus, they aren’t doing anything that they don’t normally do. 

McVay is winning with an inherited talented roster, and a #1 overall pick at QB. Plus, how do you win it when you’ve been beat by two of the other candidates, and handily by one?

I think it comes down to Pederson and Zimmer, with Zimmer getting it because he’s won with his backup QB, his backup running backs, and the #1 defense that he built. 

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Brady’s brilliance takes Belichick out of the discussion, IMO. Plus, they aren’t doing anything that they don’t normally do. 

McVay is winning with an inherited talented roster, and a #1 overall pick at QB. Plus, how do you win it when you’ve been beat by two of the other candidates, and handily by one?

I think it comes down to Pederson and Zimmer, with Zimmer getting it because he’s won with his backup QB, his backup running backs, and the #1 defense that he built. 

it would be nice if the voters can see it that way, but it just doesn't have the sexy headline appeal.

I see our arguments for Zimmer.

One thing McVay has going for him is he completely turned Fisher's junk into gold and really hasn't built "his team" yet. Goff from last year, to this year looks 100x better on the same team.

Zimmer is basically playing with his guys and the whole roster he intended to outside of Sam/Teddy and Cook. (yes I realize the QB position is huge)

The AP will probably favor McVay the way I see it.

8 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Why does he even have to think about it. Plenty of head coaches call plays. 

I agree. What’s the point of ‘handing’ off the duties to Edwards...more time to concentrate on the team as whole, idk!? And I kinda like the way Zimmer calls the defense. He’s been doing ok ;)

7 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

I agree. What’s the point of ‘handing’ off the duties to Edwards...more time to concentrate on the team as whole, idk!? And I kinda like the way Zimmer calls the defense. He’s been doing ok ;)

He certainly has been doing okay, but maybe eventually it'll be too much on him to manage the whole team, especially if Shurmur goes and Stefanski is promoted to OC.  It's much easier to concentrate on your play-calling if you have an experienced coordinator managing the other side.  If you have a guy who's not experienced, you may have to work with his side a little more.