Around the NFL

lumberjackchris

46 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

poor Blake Bortles. People act like he is a bust. Hes gotten a terrible situation with a bad Jags team and while he hasnt been great, hes thrown for over 8,000 yards and over 50 TDs in the last two seasons. 

He's also thrown 32 interceptions in that time, but I kind of agree with you based on what @iPwn has said on the subject. The Jags coaching staff really mismanaged him.

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Which our defense kept us from being too far behind so we would be ahead 

I don't think you understand how those numbers are compiled. It's much easier to throw the ball around for yards and touchdowns when the defense you're playing is up by 20. They play very soft defenses.

In close games, coverage is tighter and harder to read. Blitzes are more frequent and intense. In those instances, Bortles showed who he is in those situations - not that great of a QB.

Not his fault, but is his problem.

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

Denver cuts former starting S, TJ Ward

I'd give him a serious look. Nit sure how much he's declined in terms of ability, but better than Corey Moore, KJ Dillon and Lonnie Ballentine.

5 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I don't think you understand how those numbers are compiled. It's much easier to throw the ball around for yards and touchdowns when the defense you're playing is up by 20. They play very soft defenses.

In close games, coverage is tighter and harder to read. Blitzes are more frequent and intense. In those instances, Bortles showed who he is - not that great of a QB.

Not his fault, but is his problem.

I understand how Bortles numbers were compiled. If we had a QB in our set up with those same numbers they would have been compiled completely differently and we would have been amazing. 

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

I understand how Bortles numbers were compiled. If we had a QB in our set up with those same numbers they would have been compiled completely differently and we would have been amazing. 

Numbers looked at in a vacuum - without any level of context behind how they were compiled - is completely asinine.

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Numbers looked at in a vacuum - without any level of context behind how they were compiled - is completely asinine.

If Brock Osweiler threw for 4,000 yards and over 20 TDs last year then we would have probably been in the super bowl. 

You seriously don't have make a big deal out of every post I make. 

Archived