2019 Mock Draft Thread

pnies20

25 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

🌲, it's time to take your talents to the Post Your Own Mock Draft thread after you drop it in this thread. Give us three full rounds, more if you wanna. 

*well we're waiting gif*

I would like this but your effort was weak. Find a gif for crying out loud

@Lazytayne

Trades:

Trade 2019 6th for Gerald McCoy who would have been a cap casualty

Trade 2019 5th for Devante Parker - potential to be a perimeter WR and could thrive with a real QB. Some are sour that his mom didn’t want him in Cleveland but I’m sure he realizes his career in the NFL won’t be handed to him by now. Time to put up or shut up.

Free Agency:

Rodney Gunter - Young talented and under the radar. Signs for 4 years 20 mil.

Maxx Williams - Could replace Charles and or Fells. Has been buried on Ravens’ depth chart.  2 years 10 mil.

Stephone Anthony - Had a phenomenal rookie season and is a freak athlete. Might need a change of scenery 3 years 10 mil.

Resign:

Rashard Higgins - 4 years 22 mil

Breshard Perriman - 3 years 12 mil

Greg Robinson - 4 years 20 mil - no guaranteed money after year 2.

Draft: 

1. Rashan Gary DE Michigan - All you buckeyes will hate this pick but he would be a monster bookend to Garrett on the revamped DL. I’m predicting 6’4.75” 275 lbs. running a 4.78. He feels he’s a top 5 pick. Dropping this far will make him angry, hungry for payback and a big contract. Imagine Garrett, Ogunjobi, McCoy and Gary next year 😩🤤. Can trade up a few spots if necessary to get him if he falls.

2. Elgton Jenkins C Miss St. - ANOTHER pick you will all hate but hear me out. My comparison for Jenkins is Alex Mack. The dude can move folks in the run game. Was a beast 1 on 1 at the senior bowl. With Chubb and eventually Hunt, we need a C that can move folks at the point. That’s not Tretter. As much as I like Tretter he is limited in the run game and I’m not sure he can play injured all year again.

3. Irv Smith Jr. TE Alabama - I hope he falls this far. Adds another target for baker and a mismatch for LB and S at nearly 6’5 and 250 lbs. My comparison for irv is Kellen Winslow Jr. 

3. Kendall Sheffield CB Ohio St. - A 5-star recruit that hasn’t yet reached his potential. With several CBs potentially leaving it would Be smart to stock up now. 

4. Tre Watson LB Maryland - could be Collins’ replacement. Under the radar tough run defender. Is no slouch in coverage but needs to develop those skills.

5. Ryan Pope OT San Diego St. - Developmental tackle that has good size and some decent tape. Browns met with him multiple times. Didn’t show tools to become a 2nd/3rd round prospect during the shrine game.

5. Jamarius Way WR South Alabama - Big target, high points the ball

6. Terrill Hanks LB New Mexico St. - Rangy LB, solid tackler, swarms to the ball

7. Jonathan Banks QB Tulane - Hasn’t stayed at a school longer than a year in his collegiate career. Has lots of talent but very raw. 

If we trade a 6th for Gerald McCoy we would not need to sign him to a 1 year deal. He would have 3 years remaining on his contract each with 0 dead money should we cut him basically making it three 1 year deals of 13m. 12.5m and 12.9m. If he performs and we have cap space we could keep him. If he doesn't perform or we need the money for younger better players then we easily cut him and move on. The trade would be a great move.

I'd rather spend that 5th on a younger WR in this draft. 

Good deal for a starting caliber DT who will only be 27. I will take it.

I'd much prefer Nick Boyle who is one of the reason Maxx cannot see the field much or Jesse James if we are going free agent TE. They are both better blockers and receivers.

I think Higgins will ultimately get more or sign his tender. Either way its a good move.

Good move keeping Perriman and Robinson.

I like Gary a lot if he falls that far. I don't know that it will happen but if it does I am fully on board.

You stole my comparison for Jenkins and I obviously like the pick.

Don't see Irv Smith falling this far at all. He has a better chance going Top 40 IMO.

Kendall Sheffield has great feet and huge upside. He has yet to put it together but you can easily see the talent and he has it for days. Great risk/reward in the 3rd round.

I really like Tre Watson. Have mentioned him numerous times but the NFL clearly doesn't like something. He wasn't invited to a single all star event for seniors and he was left off the combine invite list as well. That is not very common for a player who played 4 years at a power 5 school(Illinois and Maryland) especially one who started over 30 games and produced on the field. I don't understand it but at this point I highly doubt he goes in the 5th and probably won't get drafted. Only 38 players who didn't receiver a combine invite we drafted last year and it is typically just over 30.

Still haven't watched Ryan Pope.

Round 1

Byron Murphy CB Washington

Round 2 (Trade up to the top using a 3rd and 6th)

Jeffery Simmons DT Mississippi St.

Round 3 

L.J. Collier DE TCU

Round 4

Christian Miller LB Alabama

Round 4 (Trade to the back half using 2 5th's)

Terry McLaurin WR Ohio St.

Round 5

Ugo Amadi S/Nickel Oregon

Round 7 

Matt Gay K Utah  

Doesn't fill all our needs but I think we walk away with 6-7 players and Dorsey moves around a bit to target who he likes.

Also probably none of this will happen but it's fun to dream.

31 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

If we trade a 6th for Gerald McCoy we would not need to sign him to a 1 year deal. He would have 3 years remaining on his contract each with 0 dead money should we cut him basically making it three 1 year deals of 13m. 12.5m and 12.9m. If he performs and we have cap space we could keep him. If he doesn't perform or we need the money for younger better players then we easily cut him and move on. The trade would be a great move.

I'd rather spend that 5th on a younger WR in this draft. 

Good deal for a starting caliber DT who will only be 27. I will take it.

I'd much prefer Nick Boyle who is one of the reason Maxx cannot see the field much or Jesse James if we are going free agent TE. They are both better blockers and receivers.

I think Higgins will ultimately get more or sign his tender. Either way its a good move.

Good move keeping Perriman and Robinson.

I like Gary a lot if he falls that far. I don't know that it will happen but if it does I am fully on board.

You stole my comparison for Jenkins and I obviously like the pick.

Don't see Irv Smith falling this far at all. He has a better chance going Top 40 IMO.

Kendall Sheffield has great feet and huge upside. He has yet to put it together but you can easily see the talent and he has it for days. Great risk/reward in the 3rd round.

I really like Tre Watson. Have mentioned him numerous times but the NFL clearly doesn't like something. He wasn't invited to a single all star event for seniors and he was left off the combine invite list as well. That is not very common for a player who played 4 years at a power 5 school(Illinois and Maryland) especially one who started over 30 games and produced on the field. I don't understand it but at this point I highly doubt he goes in the 5th and probably won't get drafted. Only 38 players who didn't receiver a combine invite we drafted last year and it is typically just over 30.

Still haven't watched Ryan Pope.

I knew McCoy had 2 years left and for some reason neglected that. He’s got no guaranteed money left which is cool for us.

Boyle will probably be the reason maxx Williams isn’t resigned. That’s my reasoning for taking maxx. I also think maxx has a lot of upside that hasn’t been tapped yet. Might never reach his potential but He won’t cost much.  

6 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I was in love with Simmons during the season but the ACL thing is really offputting for me. He won’t be off the board for sure but I think I’d pass.

I'll be honest I have a hard time figuring out all the dt's in this draft.  I've watched game tapes that spotlight individual players and highlight youtube tapes. Honestly 90% of the time i see guys getting washed out by offensive lineman and having no impact on the play.  Then you read websites like profootballfocus and thedraftnetwork and they rave about how amazing players are and i just don't see it with my eyes.  This goes for players like Rashan Gary, Jeffery Simmons, Dre'Mont Jones, Jerry Tillery, Brian Burns.  I get that players won't make plays all the time and often they have gap assignments and what not but trying to determine who will be a star and who will be average is not my cup of tea when it comes to determining defensive lineman.

14 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Trades:

Trade 2019 6th for Gerald McCoy who would have been a cap casualty - sign 1 year 12 mil

Trade 2019 5th for Devante Parker - potential to be a perimeter WR and could thrive with a real QB. Some are sour that his mom didn’t want him in Cleveland but I’m sure he realizes his career in the NFL won’t be handed to him by now. Time to put up or shut up.

Free Agency:

Rodney Gunter - Young talented and under the radar. Signs for 4 years 20 mil.

Maxx Williams - Could replace Charles and or Fells. Has been buried on Ravens’ depth chart.  2 years 10 mil.

Resign:

Rashard Higgins - 3 years 15 mil

Breshard Perriman - 3 years 12 mil

Greg Robinson - 4 years 20 mil - no guaranteed money after year 2.

Draft: 

1. Rashan Gary DE Michigan - All you buckeyes will hate this pick but he would be a monster bookend to Garrett on the revamped DL. I’m predicting 6’4.75” 275 lbs. running a 4.78. He feels he’s a top 5 pick. Dropping this far will make him angry, hungry for payback and a big contract. Imagine Garrett, Ogunjobi, McCoy and Gary next year 😩🤤. Can trade up a few spots if necessary to get him if he falls.

2. Elgton Jenkins C Miss St. - ANOTHER pick you will all hate but hear me out. My comparison for Jenkins is Alex Mack. The dude can move folks in the run game. Was a beast 1 on 1 at the senior bowl. With Chubb and eventually Hunt, we need a C that can move folks at the point. That’s not Tretter. As much as I like Tretter he is limited in the run game and I’m not sure he can play injured all year again.

3. Irv Smith Jr. TE Alabama - I hope he falls this far. Adds another target for baker and a mismatch for LB and S at nearly 6’5 and 250 lbs. My comparison for irv is Kellen Winslow Jr. 

3. Kendall Sheffield CB Ohio St. - A 5-star recruit that hasn’t yet reached his potential. With several CBs potentially leaving it would Be smart to stock up now. 

4. Tre Watson LB Maryland - could be Collins’ replacement. Under the radar tough run defender. Is no slouch in coverage but needs to develop those skills.

5. Ryan Pope OT San Diego St. - Developmental tackle that has good size and some decent tape. Browns met with him multiple times. Didn’t show tools to become a 2nd/3rd round prospect during the shrine game.

finish later...

Sign me up.

As a Buckeye fan, I hate the Sheffield pick the most. Honestly if he’s in the slot he may be OK, but he was very underwhelming and occasionally awful in his career at a university that is prolific in manufacturing pro ready elite players in the secondary. I’m not opposed to getting Gary if he has the best defensive lineman left, but I’d prefer Wilkins. I like the trades just fine as well. I can’t see Irv falling that far but I’d love it if we got him there.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As a Buckeye fan, I hate the Sheffield pick the most. Honestly if he’s in the slot he may be OK, but he was very underwhelming and occasionally awful in his career at a university that is prolific in manufacturing pro ready elite players in the secondary. I’m not opposed to getting Gary if he has the best defensive lineman left, but I’d prefer Wilkins. I like the trades just fine as well. I can’t see Irv falling that far but I’d love it if we got him there.

Yeah you’re definitely buying the physical talent much more than the production from Sheffield imo.

I don’t like him much either tbh, prolly wouldn’t take him before day 3, but the rest of 🌲’s mock looks damn good to me.

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah you’re definitely buying the physical talent much more than the production from Sheffield imo.

That’s also what scares me about Gary. I realize that a lot of that at UM was scheme-based, but the production definitely does not match the talent.

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t like him much either tbh, prolly wouldn’t take him before day 3, but the rest of 🌲’s mock looks damn good to me.

I wouldn’t hate it, but to me it also has everything boils down to who else is there when we pick at 17, which makes things like these mock drafts very difficult and I always appreciate the effort.

Yeah, I agree on Gary. He is as likely to resemble  a guy like Malik McDowell as he is to be a dominant DT. He certainly flashes but he’s an upside guy. 

I know some of these early mocks have him in the top 10 or even top 5. I’m not convinced that sticks as these scouts go in-depth throughout this process though. Convince me he’s worth taking higher than a guy like Wilkins. 

Archived