How much trade value do the following have right now

patriotsheatyan

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

tenor.gif

With three firsts, you can get someone better.

If he does end up being a Luck type prospect you better hope you have the #1 pick because 3 firsts isn't gonna do it, the Colts weren't budging from the #1 over pick.

(Not that Luck is better than Mahomes)

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If he does end up being a Luck type prospect you better hope you have the #1 pick because 3 firsts isn't gonna do it, the Colts weren't budging from the #1 over pick.

(Not that Luck is better than Mahomes)

It was mostly tongue in cheek (I'm totally on board the Trevor Lawrence bandwagon) but you're right - teams will be jockeying to go 0-16 in 2020, nobody is going to let anything get between them and Lawrence.

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It was mostly tongue in cheek (I'm totally on board the Trevor Lawrence bandwagon) but you're right - teams will be jockeying to go 0-16 in 2020, nobody is going to let anything get between them and Lawrence.

Well according to this thread, he's going to be a Raven.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Well according to this thread, he's going to be a Raven.

If it makes you feel any better, I'd take Lawrence over Deshaun Watson. You should absolutely be thrilled if you get Lawrence over Lamar Jackson...

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, I can't see where your tongue is over the internet, sheesh. Physically do it a few times and tell me what it looks like.

I'm not as hyped as many are about him, not for any reason other than he has a lot of time left to go one way or the other before he is eligible. Darnold was almost this hyped after the win against Penn State in the bowl game and he only had to play one more year risking having up and downs. This thread isn't about that though but I wouldn't trade my QB for his rights and no way any KC fan would because even though Mahomes may come back down to Earth a little, right now everyone is just hoping for a prospect that can be like Mahomes.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:18 PM, ET80 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I'd take Lawrence over Deshaun Watson. You should absolutely be thrilled if you get Lawrence over Lamar Jackson...

Pretty sure the only QB that you wouldn't take Lawrence over right now is Mahomes if you factor in age, contracts, etc.

13 minutes ago, Raves said:

Pretty sure the only QB that you wouldn't take Lawrence over right now is Mahomes if you factor in age, contracts, etc.

Two things:

- I looked at this and thought you said "Mariota" instead of "Mahomes". I was going to politely, yet firmly ask you to leave.

- You've got to consider that Lawrence isn't coming out for another two years at minimum; That's around the time Mahomes will be on his 5th year option. Given you don't want him to have even the slightest inkling of a lame duck season, he'll be getting that $200mm mega contract around the time Lawrence is the 1st pick in the draft.

I'd still probably take Mahomes over Lawrence, but that's where the list ends.

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

He hasn’t played a down in the nfl 

Yet has shown to be of the same caliber or higher than any recent QB prospect, including those that have had immediate success.  Right now there aren't many in their prime QBs in the NFL that are elite.  You either have old guys like Brees, Brady, Rivers, Big Ben, etc that are great players but will be probably retiring sooner than later, no to mention their large contracts, or you have young guys like Wentz, Mahomes, Watson, Goff, etc and the only one that has really done anything amazing is Mahomes, though the other 3 I mentioned have all been pretty good just not the same potential you could get from Lawrence.  The closest to a top tier QB in the middle/prime of their career is Russell Wilson and that's it.  No one else is worth discussing.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Two things:

- I looked at this and thought you said "Mariota" instead of "Mahomes". I was going to politely, yet firmly ask you to leave.

- You've got to consider that Lawrence isn't coming out for another two years at minimum; That's around the time Mahomes will be on his 5th year option. Given you don't want him to have even the slightest inkling of a lame duck season, he'll be getting that $200mm mega contract around the time Lawrence is the 1st pick in the draft.

I'd still probably take Mahomes over Lawrence, but that's where the list ends.

1.  If I said Mariota other than Mahomes then that means I was very very very drunk, and I would still ban myself for it.

2.  I was using right now in the immediate today sense.  As in they make an exception and Lawrence was eligible to play in the NFL this upcoming season, which means rookie contract Mahomes still.  Like I would trade any QB in the NFL except Mahomes for Lawrence right this second and that's only because Mahomes has already shown he can perform in the NFL to what the expectations for Lawrence will be.  Obviously over the next 2 years my opinion could change based on what happens, injuries and/or improved/worse play from all involved, but right now there is no one besides Mahomes that an NFL team should prefer over Lawrence.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:39 PM, BleedTheClock said:

You and other Ravens fans seem to be the only people with this opinion. You can have Lamar and spin it any way you'd like. He's running a gimmicky style offense that is not going to be sustainable long-term. I actually liked Lamar Jackson coming out and was intrigued by his tools. I was appalled at how inaccurate his passes were. I was shocked at some of the decisions he made with the football. He made some catastrophic throws right into the breadbasket of defenders and they dropped the ball. I saw at least 3 throws he made that were pick 6's but the defenders dropped the ball. I saw him thread the needle at times, but there were more instances of him bouncing it off the dirt in front of a wide open WR than there were needle threads. I just can't buy him ever figuring out how to be a successful passer in the league. He had some nice throws, but there were so many WTF throws that you'd be crazy not to be concerned.

And just because the Ravens spent a 1st round pick on him doesn't mean the rest of the NFL would. He had 1st round value to literally 1 NFL team. Johnny Manziel got taken in the 1st round too. That doesn't mean his value league-wide was that of a 1st round pick. I'm not declaring him a horrible bust or anything, but I don't think he'll ever be even an average passer. If you want a great athlete and a sub-par passer, good luck to you sir. I can't wait to play against Lamar for the next few years--if he makes it that long.

And i can't wait to keep playing against Baker twice a year considering he threw us 3 (three!!) picks in the biggest game of his NFL career 🤣

Archived