Are most teams ok with their current starting QB?

CP3MVP

I’ve been watching since 1991/1992 and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a time like now where I can honestly say the vast majority teams heading into the 2019 season like their current starting QB and aren’t actively looking for an upgrade/get rid of them.

Look at the top 5 teams picking in the draft. None of them are taking a QB. How many times in history could you really say that? Even the team picking 6 in the NY giants, I wouldn’t be shocked if their Gm didn’t take a guy like Haskins there. He loves Eli and has proven that he will not force a QB in the draft if he doesn’t think he’s the BPA.

5 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

I’m fine with Kirk Cousins.  He didn’t elevate us last season but he definitely wasn’t the problem.  I know we’re paying him a lot but it’s not like 30 TDs and 10 INTs with a passer rating over 100 is anything to be ashamed of

The concern with Cousins is that he never elevated his game as the competition got better. Same issue in Washington too. 

I can't imagine that MN is looking for a QB in 2019. But if the Vikes don't make the playoffs, could be a different story.

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

The concern with Cousins is that he never elevated his game as the competition got better. Same issue in Washington too. 

I can't imagine that MN is looking for a QB in 2019. But if the Vikes don't make the playoffs, could be a different story.

Oh I completely agree.  It was the exact same song and dance as the 2016 season.  We had a game to win and get in the playoffs and he played awful, just like a couple years ago against the Giants in the season finale when he was on the Redskins and they were win and in for that situation as well

While it’s true that our offensive line played far worse last year than it did in 2017, I think too many people are quick to scapegoat DeFilippo without realizing that he pretty much had no choice but to pass almost every down considering that Cook was awful for most of the season, even after he came back.  I think there’s still plenty of reasons for optimism on offense this season, but I also agree that I think we’ll cut bait with him if we miss the playoffs again next year

13 hours ago, SBLIII said:

well yes because QB is as stacked as ever. Washington, Miami, Jacksonville, New York are probably the teams that could use a new signal caller.

You potentially add the Raiders too. Carr is on short leash with Gruden breathing down his neck. Also last years rookie QB class has 2 QBs with promise in Baker and Darnold. I don't see Arizona and Buffalo sitting still for too long with Allen and Rosen unless they show Major improvements. I think it'd be different story too if this years QB Class wasn't so weak.

Archived