Are most teams ok with their current starting QB?

CP3MVP

3 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Yeah seriously.  He only threw 0 TDs and 1 INT in the Super Bowl

Probably why I enjoyed that game so much, the Brady people werent really talking that much after... Rams fans dont have a choice but to stfu... the best possible outcome

Not to make this a Jimmy G thread, but there are a lot of people that look at him and say "yeah, BUT". We gave him one hundred and thirty seven million dollars, and despite how confident I am that he is going to be/is an elite QB, I will concede that it has been a very small sample size and that its not a 100% certainty that is worth that contract.  

With Kyle Shanahan calling plays, hard to feel bad about whoever we have at QB. I havent had an elite QB basically ever, so hopefully he plays up to his potential

I think overall that the QB position has been somewhat simplified across all levels of football, and that has made it easier for a lot of guys to succeed who might not have 10 years ago. There are just so many good offensive coaches out there too. 

My HS econ teacher always said 'where there is profit, there is entry'. QB is the best paid position in sports, so of course there are going to be a lot of good QBs out there. 

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Cowboys fanbase divided like the red sea on Dak. I'm currently on the prodak side

Still got him for cheap for this one season at least. May as well see how it plays out given how poor this QB class is.

52 minutes ago, Danger said:

Still got him for cheap for this one season at least. May as well see how it plays out given how poor this QB class is.

I don't see any way Dak doesn't hold out this season if he doesn't get a new deal. As much as I criticize him, he's still better than about half the QB's in the league. I'd take him over Kirk who's getting $84 mil guaranteed. He also has a ton of arguments:

- 2 division titles in 3 years
- Playoff win
- 3rd winningest QB since entering the league
- 2nd most game winning drives since entering the league

He's getting 720k guaranteed this year which is robbery.

59 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'm just scared to move on from him. For every Watson , we have a lot of Rosens

the value of the contract is the deciding discussion. If Dak extends for 25 per year the value just isn't there imo unless he becomes a top 5-7 QB.

The Cowboys are in a difficult spot because they likely have to extend Dak, Lawrence and Zeke this offseason. Zeke and Dak could holdout if they don't get extended.

Jaylon possibly as well but I think DAL could get away with it in 2020 although there is obviously risk of losing him then.

8 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I don't see any way Dak doesn't hold out this season if he doesn't get a new deal. As much as I criticize him, he's still better than about half the QB's in the league. I'd take him over Kirk who's getting $84 mil guaranteed. He also has a ton of arguments:

- 2 division titles in 3 years
- Playoff win
- 3rd winningest QB since entering the league
- 2nd most game winning drives since entering the league

He's getting 720k guaranteed this year which is robbery.

Definitely wouldn’t take Dak over Kirk Cousins on the Vikings.  He’d just waste Thielen and Diggs, and he’d get killed behind our garbage o line with how long he holds onto the ball and how much he fumbles

8 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'm just scared to move on from him. For every Watson , we have a lot of Rosens

It’s not even Rosen’s fault that he got stuck on the worst team in the league behind arguably the worst offensive line whose best playmakers are an inconsistent David Johnson and a 36 year old Fitzgerald.  I get the argument that Watson played behind a terrible offensive line and was still fantastic last season, but it was Rosen’s rookie season.  Not sure what else he was really supposed to do

13 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Definitely wouldn’t take Dak over Kirk Cousins on the Vikings.  He’d just waste Thielen and Diggs, and he’d get killed behind our garbage o line with how long he holds onto the ball and how much he fumbles

Kirk is the better pure passer but when you talk about QBs with intangibles, Kirk's at the bottom of the list. I'll take Kirk over Dak in fantasy football but that's it. I do think Dak vs Kirk would make for an interesting debate though. I created a thread in Comparisons.

Archived