Football Cards

waffles7

On 2/17/2019 at 11:17 AM, waffles7 said:

Do we have any card collectors on here?

Ive recently got back into the hobby since graduating college & in the market for a few players. Either way I love looking at other people’s PC’s etc and talking about the hobby.

Big time. I've got a lot of nice football cards that I'm sitting on, have a Tom Brady rookie autographics. Pulled a super nice Mahomes rookie patch card /15. Got a tri patch with Mahomes, Trubisky and Watson /5. That one could be worth some money one day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waffles7 said:

@MookieMonstah Mahomes are going for crazy amounts on EBay right now! It’s definitely a sellers marker for him.

Ive just recently gotten back into the hobby and looking for Julio Jones & Von Miller’s patch/autos. It’s been tricky. That was the hold out year I believe?

I’ve actually got a Von Miller screen print card, like the metal one that they use to make all the cards. 1/1

I do a lot of selling. I use the money I make to by autographed jerseys/balls/photos/etc...

The only thing I PC right now is Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, Javon Wims, and Ronald Acuna. I also do a lot of IP graphing for baseball and build sets off them. 2017 Bowman Draft, 2018 Bowman Draft, 2018 Topps Heritage, and 1990 Fleer are the sets Im going after right now.

I sold two cards about a month ago(a hockey card and a baseball auto) and it is paying for my flight and Airbnb for a trip to Florida in a couple weeks for Spring Training.

On 2/17/2019 at 8:29 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

I've never collected football cards, despite it being my favorite sport.  I have a HUGE baseball card collection from when I was a kid and a decent sized basketball card collection.

Ditto.  Most of my football collection is autographs (same with my basketball collection).

I pared down my baseball card collection after college to hold onto only the most valuable ones (and the ones most likely to increase in value - rookie cards of a few greats who weren't long for the world).

I've gotten better in recent years about selling stuff, especially memorabliia when their value is high, especially if there's no huge sentimental value to it.  Got burned too many times in the past by not doing that and seeing the value plummet because they just weren't as relevant anymore.  On just two items (combined) alone I probably cost myself upwards of $1500 or more by not selling them when I should have (managed to make it up a little on one of them by donating it to a charity auction and getting to claim a high value on it in a tax writeoff).