Football Cards

waffles7

• 1 month later...

Has anyone sold cards recently? I have the collection, from my parents place, that my brother and I had as kids, but right now they are taking up space. I don't know bulk pricing at all for them. I don't think there are any extremely impressive rookie cards, but it's hard to know at this point.

On 4/15/2019 at 8:10 AM, The Gnat said:

Has anyone sold cards recently? I have the collection, from my parents place, that my brother and I had as kids, but right now they are taking up space. I don't know bulk pricing at all for them. I don't think there are any extremely impressive rookie cards, but it's hard to know at this point.

What decade(s) they from?

Edited by Dome

On 4/15/2019 at 11:10 AM, The Gnat said:

I sell cards pretty regularly on eBay. What sport and what decade you looking at? Anything 80s/90s is meh for the most part

15 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I sell cards pretty regularly on eBay. What sport and what decade you looking at? Anything 80s/90s is meh for the most part

On 4/20/2019 at 11:24 PM, Dome said:

What decade(s) they from?

Yeah, it's primarily 80's and 90's. I figured that it wouldn't be worth much, I just don't need them sitting around anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Really looking to start pairing down the new collection I started.  I had enough of the "race" for things, when I would spend so much money to buy the boxes for a chance at the card instead of actually buying the cards I wanted.  I also got into Topps Now and Bowman Next, so I really want to take advantage of some of the duplicate cards I have to make money to go after cards I want, as well as make more room in my house.  I also have my old collections of 80's and 90's stuff still at my grandparents to work through, which might all be garbage.  

So @devils1854 how do you sell?  I noticed you said eBay and a card Facebook group.  How did you start?  What's involved in it?  I've only done eBay as a buyer, and I'm really hesitant to get into it.  I know I will likely avoid Twitter as there are too many scammers.  I've also thought about doing something at an antique mall- having some Orioles and Nationals stuff (a few autos, rookie cards and cheap team bags) as well as team bags of All-Star and HoF players for cheap.  I know that I likely need to have some up front money to get some cards graded as well. 

@MookieMonstah does Goodwill take opened boxes of cards?  I have multiple 5,000 count boxes of base cards that I know won't get much money unless I do the team bag idea above.  If they take those, that might be the best route for me.  That would be the easiest and simplest way for me to get rid of them in bulk after I sort through them for anything worth selling.