Rosen

LoganF89

3 minutes ago, Geno said:

If washing can make this trade for Josh Rosen and get a receiver in the first round they may challenge for the division title they would be equal to the cowboys and eagles on both sides of the ball

They'd need a lot of things to line up beyond just getting Rosen and a wideout. The left guard is still a massive hole in the line, and they need another receiver (Paul Richardson? Josh Doctson? Trey Quinn?) to step up so that the rookie doesn't get completely shut down. That of course assumes that the TE position is relatively healthy (or I suppose they draft Hockenson at 15). They also need Guice to become what they hoped he would before blowing out his knee and/or Peterson to keep drinking from the Fountain of Youth (preferably the "and" case).

Oh, and they need Rosen to avoid being the woefully bad QB that he was in his rookie season.

And that's just on offense.

Getting Rosen would be a good first step to dealing with the QB position (provided that he isn't a total bust, but that's the gamble). However, it would just be one step, as would getting another target for Rosen to throw to.

That all said, welcome back to the forums. Hope you stop by more often. :D

54 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Yes, we get Rosen and a 4th for our 1st . Desperation trade. We already know they can go crazy for Q B re. RGIII .

I doubt Az would do that trade, but they may. As Thai said before, the smart thing to do is to treat their 3rd round comp pick as their 4th round pick.

Rosen is not going to recoup a first. I don't understand why people keep thinking that.

The only trade out there that could be positive for both sides that included the Cardinals and Redskins would be pick 15 for Rosen and pick 33 and we could  add one of our 5th rounders.

Arizona doesn't look bad from the public relations side and the Skins wouldn't look bad on their side. Arizona could hypothetically go Murray and Brian Burns which would make sense, and for the Skins they get Rosen, draft someone like AJ Brown and Chase Winovich. It would be a win, win for both sides.

18 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

Rosen is not going to recoup a first. I don't understand why people keep thinking that.

The only trade out there that could be positive for both sides that included the Cardinals and Redskins would be pick 15 for Rosen and pick 33 and we could  add one of our 5th rounders.

Arizona doesn't look bad from the public relations side and the Skins wouldn't look bad on their side. Arizona could hypothetically go Murray and Brian Burns which would make sense, and for the Skins they get Rosen, draft someone like AJ Brown and Chase Winovich. It would be a win, win for both sides.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I don't think AZ will have to give up #33 to unload Rosen even if they have already drafted Murray.

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'm not sure I agree with that. I don't think AZ will have to give up #33 to unload Rosen even if they have already drafted Murray.

Then its pretty simple, Arizona won't get a first for Rosen just as I've said this whole time, Pittsburgh wanted a first for Brown, everyone said Beckham would cost multiple first. I'm going to laugh when they take Murray and everyone sees what they actually get for Rosen.

16 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

Then its pretty simple, Arizona won't get a first for Rosen just as I've said this whole time, Pittsburgh wanted a first for Brown, everyone said Beckham would cost multiple first. I'm going to laugh when they take Murray and everyone sees what they actually get for Rosen.

Brown and Beckham aren’t cost-controlled young former first round QBs. It’s not even remotely the same thing. 

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Brown and Beckham aren’t cost-controlled young former first round QBs. It’s not even remotely the same thing. 

At the same time, Arizona is lowering Rosen's value because of the Murray talk.

I'm not saying the Cardinals won't get a first for Rosen. They still could, but I think it would be a pick at the bottom end of the draft. But to assume that a first will be the price is a bit silly since they are losing leverage.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Your right, Brown and Beckham are all pro receivers that are proven and Josh Rosen hasn't done Jack squat so far. Also questions about his dedication and personality. Hell, let's give Arizona three number 1's since he has so much potential. If Arizona wants a first the Skins just need to draft the best qb available in the draft at 15 or punt it til next year.

Nobody seems to understand that this is Arizona's problem, not the rest of the NFL's. Besides the RG3 debacle Bruce Allen hasn't been one to throw picks away. I can sleep well at night knowing that we won't be the idiots to give up a first. That's just dumb 

2 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

Brown was a WR first of all, he was/is a malcontent and he was demanding a new contract to be the highest paid WR in the NFL. You have to factor that in when talking about Brown and even with Beckham he's had temperament issues and his contract is expensive.

Rosen first of all is a QB - a more valuable position than WR - he was just a first-round pick last year and he's on his rookie contract.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

6 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

Your right, Brown and Beckham are all pro receivers that are proven and Josh Rosen hasn't done Jack squat so far. Also questions about his dedication and personality. Hell, let's give Arizona three number 1's since he has so much potential. If Arizona wants a first the Skins just need to draft the best qb available in the draft at 15 or punt it til next year.

Nobody seems to understand that this is Arizona's problem, not the rest of the NFL's. Besides the RG3 debacle Bruce Allen hasn't been one to throw picks away. I can sleep well at night knowing that we won't be the idiots to give up a first. That's just dumb 

The best available QB at 15 is likely to be Jones and Rosen is a better prospect than him; that’s why you trade for Rosen instead of drafting Jones.

This isn't the same as trading away two firsts and a 2nd for a QB or trading away multiple picks and a good corner for two 34-year-old QBs this decade.

This would be trading way the 15th pick for the QB who was 10th overall pick in last years draft.

Again, entirely different trade than the McNabb, RG3 or Alex Smith trades.

10 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

You asked why anyone would give up a first and I gave you a reason. You can choose to ignore that reason all you want but it’s the truth. Would I give up a first for him? No and I’ve said that already. 

1 hour ago, Woz said:

At the same time, Arizona is lowering Rosen's value because of the Murray talk.

I'm not saying the Cardinals won't get a first for Rosen. They still could, but I think it would be a pick at the bottom end of the draft. But to assume that a first will be the price is a bit silly since they are losing leverage.

Never assumed that would be the cost. I’ve always said they won’t get a first for him but I wouldn’t be shocked if they did. QBs are just looked at differently. People get stupid when it comes to the position. 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Brown was a WR first of all, he was/is a malcontent and he was demanding a new contract to be the highest paid WR in the NFL. You have to factor that in when talking about Brown and even with Beckham he's had temperament issues and his contract is expensive.

Rosen first of all is a QB - a more valuable position than WR - he was just a first-round pick last year and he's on his rookie contract.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

The position they play does not matter! I'm not comparing apples to oranges, I'm comparing player and fit. Not going to keep going back and forth about it. If Rosen is not in Arizonas future plans then that makes them sellers. Nobody asked about Rosen until Arizona showed interest in Murray. That's fact.

If we go into training camp and hypothetically lose Ryan Kerrigan to injury and haven't addressed pass rusher in the draft and started making calls about players that could be acquired in trade we would have to pay a kings ransom to get it done. Want to know why? Because we would then be active buyers. That drives the price up.

If 2020 draft is supposed to be so great on QBs why in the world would anybody give a first rounder this year for Rosen. Not that many teams left in dire straits over qb position right now, there has to be a market for it

Archived