Rosen

LoganF89

At this point I think its either Rosen or Lock going into this season. I like Rosen especially if it allows us to address other needs in the draft. But if we end up with Lock I will be happy also as long as we stay put at 15 to get him. They need a fall back plan though cause if neither one of these happen we are looking at some combination of McCoy and Fitzpatrick most likely. We are in a tough spot if Arizona doesn't bail us out 

5 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

At this point I think its either Rosen or Lock going into this season. I like Rosen especially if it allows us to address other needs in the draft. But if we end up with Lock I will be happy also as long as we stay put at 15 to get him. They need a fall back plan though cause if neither one of these happen we are looking at some combination of McCoy and Fitzpatrick most likely. We are in a tough spot if Arizona doesn't bail us out 

Your not in a bad position if Arizona doesn’t bail us out and nobody is worth the top pick pick the best player and have a top 5 pick next year with a baller to show for this class looking at a chance at Fromm or Tua or just about any of the top guys that can or will declare your talking about being able to get your guy just a year away. I don’t force anything this year!! If you go into the year with McKoy and you don’t win 3 of the first 6 you shut that **** down and you start dealing guys and really try to stockpile picks. But I love the idea of Rosen he was my 1B to Mayfields 1A last year. But I was higher on Baker then most. 

I hate the idea of tanking. Kerrigan, Williams and a few other players we have deserve better than that. I was at the Colts game last year and the stadium was pitiful, fan support was non existent. They can't afford to tank, at the end of the day it's a business and they are going to try to win now, no doubt about it. I can't blame them for that, I blame the decisions in personnel and the money they waste on them. 40 million for Paul Richardson? What did he do? Short answer, nothing. Bringing back Mason Foster, he can't run. If you ever want to find Norman on the football field look for him on 3rd down, hes standing next to the guy that caught the ball. Going into a season with Shawn Luvao is criminal especially when you brought him back because Arie Koundio was your starter and got hurt.

They just make dumb decisions on personnel, putting certain positions on back burner just so they can bite us in the ***.

One other thing about tanking before someone brings up Cleveland. They have sucked for a long long time. They went through plenty of high picks on QBs that never panned out. Johnny Manziel and Brandon Weeden come to mind. Lots of years and lots of wasted talent that never worked out for players like Joe Thomas. We can project that next years qb crop is some kind of savior for the franchise and we could be wrong. Happens all the time 

So, I look like a fool from my first few posts in this thread.

If we can get Rosen for a 2nd that’s a no brainer and I’d give up more for him too, but not too much. 

I'd like to be able to hold on to our 1st round pick though, even though that might not be possible.

Getting Rosen and then the BPA in round 1 would be awesome! That's two starters day 1 this year.

4 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

I hate the idea of tanking. Kerrigan, Williams and a few other players we have deserve better than that. I was at the Colts game last year and the stadium was pitiful, fan support was non existent. They can't afford to tank, at the end of the day it's a business and they are going to try to win now, no doubt about it. I can't blame them for that, I blame the decisions in personnel and the money they waste on them. 40 million for Paul Richardson? What did he do? Short answer, nothing. Bringing back Mason Foster, he can't run. If you ever want to find Norman on the football field look for him on 3rd down, hes standing next to the guy that caught the ball. Going into a season with Shawn Luvao is criminal especially when you brought him back because Arie Koundio was your starter and got hurt.

They just make dumb decisions on personnel, putting certain positions on back burner just so they can bite us in the ***.

One other thing about tanking before someone brings up Cleveland. They have sucked for a long long time. They went through plenty of high picks on QBs that never panned out. Johnny Manziel and Brandon Weeden come to mind. Lots of years and lots of wasted talent that never worked out for players like Joe Thomas. We can project that next years qb crop is some kind of savior for the franchise and we could be wrong. Happens all the time 

Paul Richardson can be cut after this season with no dead cap money, its essentially a 2-year deal that we gave him.

And sadly, before be got hurt he was our best wide receiver. I hope he stays healthy this year bc I think PRich can have a good year for us if he stays stays healthy. 

Doctson is the guy who we really need to step up though.

The Redskins’ Facebook page has now posted two separate articles where authors were suggesting/speculating about them trading for Rosen, one yesterday and another one this evening. That’s about the clearest proof you could ever have that they’re seriously considering it — it’s classic Redskins to try to float a social media test balloon or two in order to gauge fan reaction before doing a major move.

Just now, e16bball said:

The Redskins’ Facebook page has now posted two separate articles where authors were suggesting/speculating about them trading for Rosen, one yesterday and another one this evening. That’s about the clearest proof you could ever have that they’re seriously considering it — it’s classic Redskins to try to float a social media test balloon or two in order to gauge fan reaction before doing a major move.

Especially after the Alex Smith debacle last year.

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

The Redskins’ Facebook page has now posted two separate articles where authors were suggesting/speculating about them trading for Rosen, one yesterday and another one this evening. That’s about the clearest proof you could ever have that they’re seriously considering it — it’s classic Redskins to try to float a social media test balloon or two in order to gauge fan reaction before doing a major move.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Especially after the Alex Smith last year

I can totally see them doing exactly what your saying. I was at the stadium last year and it was pitiful. I'm sure they don't want to push off the fans more than we already are. I'm all in myself, just hope it's not for a first round pick. One scenario I wouldn't mind is pick #15 for Rosen and 33. We might have to throw in a kicker like one of our 5th rounders. I think that deal would be more than fair 

8 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

One scenario I wouldn't mind is pick #15 for Rosen and 33. We might have to throw in a kicker like one of our 5th rounders. I think that deal would be more than fair 

If the price tag is our first round pick, I'm not interested. Even if we're getting 2.01 back (and I'm certainly not throwing in a 5th to boot).

Rosen should be coming in at a discount because the new coaching staff has their eyes locked on the shiny new object and thus de-valued what they have in house. The longer the Cardinals wait, the more the price is going to fall because of the agitation with the team and PR. This is the whole "the value of a brand new car drops 40-50% as soon as you drive it off the lot" depreciation problem.

1 hour ago, Bo Duke said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3886377/josh-rosen

A 3rd rounder should be enough. Someone please tell me where Arizona has any leverage in this. I understand it was a bad situation but at the end of the day stats are stats.

However, stats have context as well: their line was quite putrid, especially down the stretch.

The real issue is that he's a young QB on a rookie contract. If he can play adequately, that has value. Just not first round value.

That's exactly what I am saying. Every pick made in a draft has an unknown risk to it. It's the car lot analagy. People pay more for a brand new car than a used one. Doesn't matter if the little old lady had it for 3 months and never got it above 30, its still used and cheaper.

1 hour ago, Bo Duke said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3886377/josh-rosen

A 3rd rounder should be enough. Someone please tell me where Arizona has any leverage in this. I understand it was a bad situation but at the end of the day stats are stats.

Yeah, I’ve really been trying to decide how much weight to place on his terrible rookie season. 

In terms of his passer rating adjusted for league average, it was 69 (meaning he was 31% worse than league average). I figured that would basically be a disqualifier, that such a poor performance as a rookie would mean that he basically is a lost cause. 

That’s not exactly what I found. It’s not good, obviously. But I also found Matthew Stafford (72), Eli Manning (68), Jared Goff (64), and Alex Smith (49!), who are all examples of QBs who had awful rookie campaigns but turned out to be legitimate franchise QBs.

Interestingly, all four of them were number one overall picks. Which to me suggests two things: (1) that they probably got thrown in there before they were ready because of the expectations and dire need, and (2) that they probably were playing with really bad supporting casts. It also suggests that eventually elite talent can overcome a rough start. 

We know that Rosen had a really bad supporting cast (including coaching). We can feel pretty sure that he was thrown in there early because of how bad Bradford was. And he’s always been regarded as an extremely talented guy, in terms of throwing ability and intelligence. So maybe he’s still got a shot(?).

Archived