Rosen

LoganF89

He's worth a second rounder, would be a steal in my opinion. If he's really available this is a no brainer move. Arizona sucked last year, the scheme and oline play were horrible. A shrewd move by us would be giving up a 2nd rounder for him and then trading back from 17 to pick it right up again. The dude does have an arm on him and it would be a huge pickup with our cap situation. Arizona has to pay the 10 million guaranteed money. We aren't getting any QB cheaper than that 

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

After what he showed last year I'd be hard pressed to give up a 3rd for him, let alone a second or first. 

Honestly, don't think you can form any real sort of eval on him from last year. That offense was pretty historically inept (3rd worst offense in history by dvoa since 1986), and the coaching staff was pretty putrid. 

I think you're making this move based on how you felt on him coming into the draft more so than anything he did last year still. If you were a fan of his coming out of college, a second is a no brainer. If you weren't a fan of his going into the draft, you probably don't want to do that as his rookie season is just going to lend itself more to the bias of "I knew he wasn't going to be any good". I wasn't a huge fan of his as a prospect, so I like the idea of a second rounder from the likes of a team like New England / New Orleans / Chargers, as a quarteback to groom and have relatively late second round picks. 

Rosen going to end up on the squad. Reported Skins openly discussed trade for him if available. Would really be a smart move if the cost isn't too high. I'm guessing a second or third round pick. Hoping third but could live with second rounder. We need to get this one done asap. I'm betting it's done somewhere around the 13th when the league year starts. That's really crunch time for teams that need a qb with guys like Foles and Bridgewater hitting the open market.

1 hour ago, Bo Duke said:

Rosen going to end up on the squad. Reported Skins openly discussed trade for him if available. Would really be a smart move if the cost isn't too high. I'm guessing a second or third round pick. Hoping third but could live with second rounder. We need to get this one done asap. I'm betting it's done somewhere around the 13th when the league year starts. That's really crunch time for teams that need a qb with guys like Foles and Bridgewater hitting the open market.

IF we do, this would be the smartest move since we have the 3rd round comp pick still in our pocket.

1 hour ago, Bo Duke said:

This might be our actual best bet at getting a QBOTF this year. How many of us would've traded up to get Rosen last year? And I'm not holding last year against him in that putrid offense. 

If we can get him for a 3rd (or 2nd - even though I'd rather not), then we can focus on a speedy #1 receiver in the first or an impact player on defense on the EDGE

Its funny how one move if we make it smartly can change the whole dynamic of the future. This one almost sounds too good to be true. I think Rosen is a baller. I compare his situation to Goff who didn't light the world on fire his first season and then got with a good mind in Mcvay. Pairing him with O'Connell may provide good results. We just need to hit on a wr in draft. But I'm a big quinn guy, think he's going to have a good year 

38 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

This might be our actual best bet at getting a QBOTF this year. How many of us would've traded up to get Rosen last year? And I'm not holding last year against him in that putrid offense. 

If we can get him for a 3rd (or 2nd - even though I'd rather not), then we can focus on a speedy #1 receiver in the first or an impact player on defense on the EDGE

The offense that has  David Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald and a promising rookie Christian Kirk? Rosen blows and the Cardinals know it.

13 minutes ago, taylor made said:

The offense that has  David Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald and a promising rookie Christian Kirk? Rosen blows and the Cardinals know it.

Yep, this is where I’m at as well. The guy just looked completely lost last year. I know he was a rookie but man he looked bad. There is no way in hell I’d part with a first for him and honestly the most I’d give up is a third. 

Archived