Rosen

LoganF89

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

You mean 33?

I dunno. I mean the talent we could get at 15 is huge. 

And the Cards are desperate to get rid of him.

If I was CERTAIN that Rosen would fix our QB problems for the next 10 years, I make that trade 10 times out of 10. But he's still only got one year in. And even though I've defended him in terms of having to deal with the OL and that crappy coach, he still didn't light the NFL on fire last year. So the tape on him isn't going to help me much in terms of my anxiety over the pick.

And with the Cards seemingly so eager to get rid of him, that causes a discount to happen with this guy. Which to me, takes the 1st off the table. I could package other picks (2nd, 6th and a 2020 pick or 3rd +5th in 2019 ... or something of that equals the value) together to equal the value. I just don't want to miss out on the talent we might be able to add to the roster at pick 15. I think we can trade for Rosen and STILL keep that pick. If we can do that (provided it's not another RG3 like trade), I'm all in.

Yeah, I meant 33. I'm actually going to be totally fascinated by what the compensation will be

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I meant 33. I'm actually going to be totally fascinated by what the compensation will be

Me too. I mean as a football fan, like @CWood21 correctly pointed out in the other thread, this is kinda a new precedent being set.

Top 10 QB getting traded one year later so the team can pick up another QB at #1???

When has that happened? And if it has, how often?

So the football fan in me is like a kid on Christmas waiting to see if I got the Red Ryder gun...or the Pink Bunny suit.

35 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm gonna have a hard time moderating through my rage if we give up a first for him

Why would we give up a first for him? He was the #10 pick before they burnt a year of his cheap rookie contract and forced themselves into a position where they have to trade him — and before he was the worst QB in the NFL as a rookie. 

I think we start with our 2nd, but with us getting something back too. My thought would be Rosen and their 4th for our 2nd and a conditional 2020 pick that would depend on how Rosen plays for us. That treats his value as something like a mid-late 2nd round pick, which I think is about as good as they’re gonna be able to hope to do. 

EDIT: I know you’re gonna say we would do that because we’re the Redskins and Clinton Portis and RGIII and Alex Smith and TJ Duckett and Brandon Lloyd and all that, but just shush you 😂

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Why would we give up a first for him? He was the #10 pick before they burnt a year of his cheap rookie contract and forced themselves into a position where they have to trade him — and before he was the worst QB in the NFL as a rookie. 

I think we start with our 2nd, but with us getting something back too. My thought would be Rosen and their 4th for our 2nd and a conditional 2020 pick that would depend on how Rosen plays for us. That treats his value as something like a mid-late 2nd round pick, which I think is about as good as they’re gonna be able to hope to do. 

I'm with you on this one E. But over in the Draft Rumor thread there's a few who think that we should give them our first and another pick to get Rosen + 33.

On 3/2/2019 at 9:46 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Same offense with a bad OL and who lost their coach midway through the year. I'll grab him for a 3rd just to kick the tires. He'll only cost $7M total for the next 3 years

Don't forget that the 5th year option transfers if traded as well.

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Their Right guard was Oday Aboushi. Dont' be ashamed of not knowing who that is - I actually thought that was a Mediterranean food dish. He was a street free agent signed in October. 

*raises his hand* I know who he is.

Of course, the fact that he's a former Cavalier has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I know who he is. Nope nope nope.

18 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Me too. I mean as a football fan, like @CWood21 correctly pointed out in the other thread, this is kinda a new precedent being set.

Top 10 QB getting traded one year later so the team can pick up another QB at #1???

When has that happened? And if it has, how often?

So the football fan in me is like a kid on Christmas waiting to see if I got the Red Ryder gun...or the Pink Bunny suit.

Didn’t the Cowboys use a first round pick on a QB the year after they took Aikman? 

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah. I remembered... and then forgot. Good call.

Now, since he was a top 10 pick, the 5th year option will be the equivalent cost of a transition tag. Had he slipped one spot further, it would be the 3rd through 25th QB average.

Just now, lavar703 said:

Didn’t the Cowboys use a first round pick on a QB the year after they took Aikman? 

They took Steve Walsh with a 1st in the supplemental draft of 1989, so just three or so months later.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I thought it was same year in supplemental. Even if you're correct, they didn't need to trade Aikman to get him. So not necessarily the same

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

I thought it was same year in supplemental. Even if you're correct, they didn't need to trade Aikman to get him. So not necessarily the same

Yes, it was the same year supplemental. Cost them the first overall pick in 1990

8 hours ago, taylor made said:

https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/1102234607930523648

I can't believe this is happening. The coach is saying it is a done deal they select Murray

or the they are trying to drive up the price for #1 draft pick. Most likely

Not trading Rosen before drafting Murray would kill the return value for Rosen.

If they draft Murray, I wouldn't offer higher than the compensatory 3rd (and that only because they don't have a fourth).

14 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yes, this!

14 minutes ago, e16bball said:

EDIT: I know you’re gonna say we would do that because we’re the Redskins and Clinton Portis and RGIII and Alex Smith and TJ Duckett and Brandon Lloyd and all that, but just shush you 😂

... but yes, this too ... *sighs*

Archived