35 QB Amir Hall Bowie St.
36 QB Drew Anderson Murray St.
37 QB Tyler Wiegers E. Michigan
38 QB Brad Mayes Lehigh
39 QB Grant Kraemer Drake
40 QB Hayden Bauserman Shenandoah
41 QB John Lovett

Princeton

The fact that you have Malik Rosier on the list at all makes it a terrible list.  I'd rather have a dead baby playing QB for my franchise than Malik Rosier.

And Drew Lock isn't better than 1. Haskins or 2. Murray.    I think you're a little low on Daniel Jones too. He's got no weapons around him at Duke and was harassed within 1-2 seconds of every snap. When he had some talent around him (Freshman season), he was electric. He's shown the traits that make people excited and he's tough as nails. I think he can be a great NFL QB in time, but there is certainly a bust factor there.

I'm a huge Eric Dungey fan, but he's not really a great QB prospect and I concede that fact. I just love his game and his tools. He's like a faster and slightly better throwing Tebow.

Happy to see Kyle Shurmur relatively high on your list. I think he'll stick around in the NFL for a while as a quality backup.

2 hours ago, vikes635 said:

What do you guys think? Who do you think I am way off on?

Honestly, nothing too crazy.  Haskins/Murray are probably the top 2 QBs in this draft.  Right now, they have the best combination of upside and floor.  If you liked Lock coming into the year, you're probably still high on him.  My guess is that's the case.  Tyree Jackson probably isn't anything more than UDFA.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

The fact that you have Malik Rosier on the list at all makes it a terrible list.  I'd rather have a dead baby playing QB for my franchise than Malik Rosier.

And Drew Lock isn't better than 1. Haskins or 2. Murray.    I think you're a little low on Daniel Jones too. He's got no weapons around him at Duke and was harassed within 1-2 seconds of every snap. When he had some talent around him (Freshman season), he was electric. He's shown the traits that make people excited and he's tough as nails. I think he can be a great NFL QB in time, but there is certainly a bust factor there.

I'm a huge Eric Dungey fan, but he's not really a great QB prospect and I concede that fact. I just love his game and his tools. He's like a faster and slightly better throwing Tebow.

Happy to see Kyle Shurmur relatively high on your list. I think he'll stick around in the NFL for a while as a quality backup.

yeah I'm not big on Rosier either but lets be honest I have 29th, thats not really giving much of a chance in making it. I didn't like what I saw from Jones  during Senior Bowl either which is part of the reason I dropped him.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, nothing too crazy.  Haskins/Murray are probably the top 2 QBs in this draft.  Right now, they have the best combination of upside and floor.  If you liked Lock coming into the year, you're probably still high on him.  My guess is that's the case.  Tyree Jackson probably isn't anything more than UDFA.

You are correct on the Lock analyses, I honestly do not know a ton about Tyree but I felt he did well Senior Bowl week and plan on digging into him more. I browsed around other ranking and felt this spot wasn't too high but he may drop once I look into him more

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

What does everyone see in Rypien? He underthrows his receivers quite a bit. 

Trevor Siemian. Or Brian Hoyer.

As an Auburn Fan, I think you should have Thorson higher than Stidham. And Minshew. And the only reason he'd be that low is injury history. What problems do you see in his game?

30 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Trevor Siemian. Or Brian Hoyer.

As an Auburn Fan, I think you should have Thorson higher than Stidham. And Minshew. And the only reason he'd be that low is injury history. What problems do you see in his game?

Thats a good question because I actually like Thorson and when protection perfect and things are going well he does a really good job but he seems very inconsistent and takes to many risk's. He has the tenancy to force throws of his back foot and overall gets lazy with his form. While he has proven he can throw under pressure if its there too frequently he struggles to maintain composure. I don't know if he feels "ghost rushers" but seems to abandon a pocket that is still protecting him. Most of these things are coachable  and he is a sharp kid so he may rise yet.

I'll go ahead and post my QB rankings (I included all of the ones I've evaluated thus far). I'll also offer what round I'd take them in, a comparison, a brief explanation, and the team where he fits best:

1. Kyler Murray - Top 5

Comparison: Michael Vick

Summary: He doesn't fit everywhere. He needs to find the right system and coach. But if you unleash this kid and let him play his game, he's a special playmaker. Still polishing the mental and technical sides of the game as a passer, but he has an unreal combination of athleticism and arm talent with a compact release and great footwork.

Best Fit: Arizona Cardinals (I could have also offered up the Eagles here due to Pederson's willingness to change his offense to play to his QB's strengths, but the Eagles aren't in the market for a QB. I think Kingsbury is willing to play the wide open system that will allow Murray to make full use of all his gifts.)

2. Dwayne Haskins - Top 10

Comparison: Matt Stafford

Summary: Haskins is more of a prototypical pocket passer. The ball jumps out of his hand, he makes a lot of wow throws, he's a good enough athlete to need to be respected, and he flashes the mental side of the game. He's still polishing the mental and technical aspects as he gains experience, and he has had some issues when hit early. He's also not an elusive QB in the pocket despite being a solid athlete.

Best Fit: New York Giants (The Giants OL started to pull together during the second half of the year. If the Giants can make another upgrade or two, they'll have a good unit. With their weapons and Shurmur's ability to cater to rhythm throwers, I see Haskins being a really good fit here.)

3. Drew Lock - Top 20

Comparison: Derek Carr

Summary: Lock is the prototype in terms of size, arm, and athleticism. When he has a clean pocket, he looks beautiful standing back and slinging. Still, as gifted as he is as a thrower and athlete, I found the other parts of his game to be fairly pedestrian. IMO, he's a guy who will always look capable of taking that next step to greatness but never actually do it because something is just missing.

Best Fit: Jacksonville Jaguars (I think he's a great fit in DeFilippo's offense. It's a fairly wide open system that schemes guys open and uses a lot of concepts that opens up clean windows. That suits Lock well.)

4. Daniel Jones - First Round

Comparison: Alex Smith

Summary: Jones is a smart kid who moves smoothly through his progressions, throws with anticipation, doesn't lock onto WRs, and generally makes smart decisions. He's also a good athlete with good size and some elusiveness in the pocket. However, Jones has an average all around arm (both arm strength and accuracy), he's fairly risk averse as a passer, takes unnecessary sacks, and has a lot of passes batted down at the LOS (possibly because he's a ball patter).

Best Fit: Washington Redskins (With the injury to Alex Smith, the Redskins need a QB. Jones makes a lot of sense for a team like Washington that runs a system that fits his game well and needs a pro ready QB to step onto a team that looked like a potential playoff contender before Smith's injury.)

5. Easton Stick - Third Round

Comparison: Rich Gannon

Summary: Let me clarify that I'm not guaranteeing he'll land in the perfect situation like Gannon did that will allow him to go from borderline starter to MVP. Instead, I see a kid who offers a lot of what Gannon did as a younger QB. He's coming from a small school, is a stellar athlete for the position, is extremely elusive in the pocket, can rip off huge chunks when you give him a lane, moves through progressions seamlessly, is a smart QB capable of handling a lot at the LOS, is tough as nails, and basically nails everything from the intangible standpoint. However, he's also a streaky passer and decision maker at this point in time with middling arm strength. But there's something about him that just gives me the gut feeling that he'll surprise a lot of people at the NFL level. He's a winner.

Best Fit: Los Angeles Rams (Stick has arguably the best play-action fake in this Draft, is comfortable running his offense at the LOS, and he looks at his best when operating off of play-action with a strong running game behind him. The Rams need a backup. Stick seems like the perfect kid to step into that role.)

6. Will Grier - Third Round

Comparison: Ryan Fitzpatrick

Summary: Grier is the quintessential gunslinger with an average arm. He's smallish with an average arm, struggles when pressured, and makes some really bad decisions. However, when he's on and being protected, he's capable of making some absolutely magical throws into tight windows, he's very elusive in the pocket, and he displays outstanding anticipation. Nevertheless, he's overly aggressive and does a poor job at coming off his deeper reads and finding his checkdown. He also needs to learn to take off and grab easy yardage when he has a seam. He's an overaggressive rhythm passer.

Best Fit: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (It would be smart for the Bucs to consider life after Winston in case they decide not to extend him. Grier's aggressive, arrogant style is a good fit for Bruce Arians and his offensive system.)

7. Brett Rypien - Third Round

Comparison: Colt McCoy

Summary: Rypien is a smart, experienced passer with a quick release and good accuracy. He is smooth through his progressions, reads the entire field, and sees the field as well as anybody in this class. Where Rypien comes up short is the physical talent. He is a smaller QB with a middling arm and average mobility. Rypien also has made some bad decisions under pressure, but he did improve a lot in that respect as a senior. Rypien also needs to do a better job of protecting the football when he takes sacks.

Best Fit: New England Patriots (I thought about comparing Rypien to Jimmy G, but he doesn't have the same sort of physical tools. Still, Rypien's intelligence, field vision, quick release, and accuracy would play well in New England's system. That offense is just a phenomenal fit for his skill-set.)

8. Jordan Ta'amu - Fourth Round

Comparison: Jason Campbell

Summary: Ta'amu is an athletic QB with clean mechanics, a strong arm, and good overall accuracy. He's a great fit as a developmental QB behind an established starter. The big problem with Ta'amu is that he comes from a simplistic system that didn't ask much of him mentally. At this stage, he doesn't see the field particularly well, hasn't flashed much in terms of going through complex progressions or reading the entire field, and has a tendency to look to scramble when given time in the pocket instead of being patient and hanging in. I see him as like Jason Campbell because he has the entire tool-set as a passer, but I'm just not sure the mental game will ever catch up with the rest of his talent.

Best Fit: Green Bay Packers (Jordan isn't quite Rodgers gifted, but he has some similarities in terms of gifts and play style. Learning behind Rodgers might give him the opportunity to smooth out the mental aspects of his game, and playing in a Shanahan WCO variant seems like a good fit for him.)

9. Jarrett Stidham - Fourth Round

Comparison: Blaine Gabbert

Summary: When you watch Stidham when he's protected, he looks like a prototypical first round QB. He has plenty of arm strength, he throws with accuracy and anticipation, and he's a very athletic QB. However, Stidham turns into a complete disaster when pressured. He's easily rattled, he makes poor decisions, his lower body mechanics go to crap, and he rushes throws. He also leaves the pocket too early, tends to turn his back to his receivers, and doesn't maneuver the pocket well. However, the biggest knock for me is hearing that Stidham's teammates don't like him because he's arrogant and cares more about his personal success than team success.

Best Fit: New Orleans Saints (There's no denying that Stidham is a stellar ball distributor when protected. The Saints have tended to have good OLs over the years, and Payton is a good QB teacher. Hopefully, learning from Brees will show Stidham how to be a better teammate.)

10. Clayton Thorson - Fifth Round

Comparison: Drew Stanton

Summary: I can totally understand why Thorson received some first round hype in 2017. He's a big guy with a strong arm who showed the ability to work quickly through progressions in a pro style scheme, is tough as nails when being pressured, moves well, sees the field well, and maneuvers the pocket effectively. However, Thorson's accuracy is bad, his deep ball is terrible, he doesn't feel pressure well, and I didn't see much anticipation when I watched him.

Best Fit: Oakland Raiders (I see Thorson fitting best in a WCO with an emphasis on the quick-passing game. Thorson's deep ball is just too inaccurate to fit in a system that values deep shots. His intelligence, field vision, progressions, and athleticism should fit well in Gruden's system. The question is if he'll ever be accurate enough to be anything more than a backup.)

11. Tyree Jackson - Seventh Round

Comparison: John Skelton

Summary: People are going to want Jackson to be better than he is because he's 6'7" 240 with a strong arm and good athleticism. That all said, Jackson has a slow, methodical release, doesn't see the field especially well, and isn't particularly accurate. He's a pure lottery ticket. 

Best Fit: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (If Arians thinks Winston is his guy and doesn't want to draft a QB on Day 1 or 2, this makes sense. Arians likes big, strong-armed passers. Jackson has the sort of aggressiveness that Arians likes in a QB.)

Archived