TheVillain112 Mock Draft v1.0...

TheVillain112

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Great job.  Plus it hits the Bengals love of the SEC.

Do you like Taylor over Ford, or was he already gone?

1 hour ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

It's a solid draft overall, but I have to think there were better players available at 11, even if not needs.

Cody Ford was gone (Giants I think).

I keep going back and fourth between Ford and Taylor.  There's a lot of guys whose draft opinion that I respect that rank Taylor high (one listed Taylor as a top 5 player in the entire draft).  I went back and watched one game so far, and I can see why.  Jawaan Taylor and Cody Ford both IMHO could be 10 year starters at RT in the NFL...

It would be an unbelievable haul, but extremely optimistic. Every prospect looks to be drafted about a round or two higher than where you slotted them here. Khalen Saunders will likely go within the first 60 picks, Hanks within the first 90, and Bush possibly within the first 32 or so - though out of all the picks I think Bush at 42 is most likely. Udoga should also be gone by then too.

It's spectacular and hits our needs bang on, but unrealistic in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Why have you cooled on Devin White? White and Oliver are still my 1A and 1B.

I wouldn't complain about Devin White, but I look at him as an 'above average' player where as I look at the other 3 as potentially elite players who can reach multiple pro bowls/all-pros over a 10 year career.  While LB is a massive need, the Bengals aren't "a player away" from competing, so we should draft as many 'elite' players as we can regardless of position need...

39 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

I think as a player White is in the discussion for elite potential. But is a 4-3 LB really worth pick 11?  Especially if there’s a top pass rusher available, particularly if he’s a DT?

I'm historically a fan of having strength in the trenches. However Villain has made an argument that there is a statistical trend of elite players in the secondary contribute more to success that elite defensive tackles (not that I'm arguing for a defensive back here).

If you remember were these articles are I'd love to see them.

Archived