2019 Pre-Combine Vikings Forum Big Board

swede700

11 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

From everything that I’ve seen on Jonah Williams he is a very good run blocker.  My player comps on Taylor aren’t perfect, but I pick Ryan Cook because Taylor is a highly penalized player and I picked Andre Smith because Taylor struggles to keep his weight down and can get lazy with that.  I think Taylor is all potential and upside and that will probably get him drafted higher, but Jonah Williams is as close to a sure thing as you can find in this draft.

I can’t stand Alabama either so I don’t like defending players from that school any more than I have to lol.

Not sure Jonah Williams is a sure thing, yeah October that totally seemed the case but man he struggled late in the year in the big games.  Struggled big time against Georgia and even some what against Oklahoma and Clemson.  Just got beat and a lot late in the year which changed things, not sure if he was injured or what but is not the clear cut #1 OT prospect he was in October of this year I feel.  Still would love to get him though and at 18 would be a decent value and a great pickup.

Taylor I agree has great potential and upside, but to me he was wildly improved this past year and is just way stronger and obviously way bigger.  Is a fine athlete and has such power and a strong base, if they could get Taylor he would be very hard to pass up even if it is all about his potential long term.  

Big Board:

1. Devin White, LSU LB (probably far fetched, he will probably be gone and this depends on what happens with Barr obviously)

2. Jawaan Taylor, Florida T

3. Cody Ford, Oklahoma G/T

4. TJ Hockenson, Iowa TE

5. Jonah Williams, Alabama T

5. Irv Smith, Alabama TE

6. Noah Fant, Iowa TE

7. Dalton Risner, Kansas St. G/T

8. Christian Wilkins, Clemson DT

9. Andre Dillard, Wash St T

10.  Charles Omenihu, Texas DE

11. Devin Bush, Michigan LB

12. Greg Little, Ole Miss T

13. Yodney Cajuste, W.V. T

14. Brian Burns, Florida St. DE

15. Chris Lindstrom, BC G

Vikings Forum's Composite Big Board 

My hope is several of these guys will still be on the board at 18. There are a few that are likely far fetched, and my board is very o-line top heavy on purpose.

1. Jonah Williams 
 2. Ed Oliver
 3. Devin White
 4. Christian Wilkins 
 5. Cody Ford 
 6. Jawaan Taylor 
 7. Greg Little
 8. Yodne Cajuste
 9. Dalton Risener
 10. Andre Dillard
 11. Clelin Ferrill
 12. Montez Sweat
 13. TJ Hockenson
 14. Dexter Lawrence 
 15. Noah Fant

Here is the Composite Board...which basically orders them in highest average position among all players that were selected in at least 3 of the 7 total entries. Honorable Mentions are those that didn't quite make the top 15 based on that criteria, as well as the highest ranking player selected on 2 entries.   

Vikings Forum's Composite Big Board 

1. Devin White, LSU (LB)
 2. Ed Oliver, Houston (DT)
 3. Jonah Williams, Alabama (OT)
 4. Cody Ford, Oklahoma (iOL)
 5. Jawaan Taylor, Florida (OT)
 6. TJ Hockenson, Iowa (TE)
 7. Dexter Lawrence, Clemson (DT)
 8. Christian Wilkins, Clemson (DT)
 9. Dalton Risner, Kansas St (OT)
 10.Devin Bush, Michigan (LB)
 11.Andre Dillard, Washington St (OT)
 12.Greedy Williams, LSU (CB)
 13.Greg Little, Mississippi (OT)
 14.Charles Omenihu, Texas (DT)
 15.Chris Lindstrom, Boston College (iOL)

Honorable Mention: Noah Fant (TE), Garrett Bradbury (C), Rashan Gary (DE)

Archived