2018 Starting Quarterback

pwny

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

Cousins was most heavily linked to the 49ers, so that really shakes things up.

Yeah.  Not just that it's one QB needy team probably crossed off the list...but the one most convincingly linked to the best potential FA option available as well.  That helps the market for us i think.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Our 2nd will be later than SF's.

Yeah.  Zero reason for NE to take our 2nd instead of the Niners 2nd which is going to be essentially a late 1st.  You're not tacking on some fluff to swing that value.  Especially considering we're in-conference with the Pats and the Niners aren't.

We would've had to ante up to probably our 1st round pick to make the Pats listen.  And i'm not into that.  Not for Jimmy G.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Zero reason for NE to take our 2nd instead of the Niners 2nd which is going to be essentially a late 1st.  You're not tacking on some fluff to swing that value.  Especially considering we're in-conference with the Pats and the Niners aren't.

We would've had to ante up to probably our 1st round pick to make the Pats listen.  And i'm not into that.  Not for Jimmy G.

This is supposedly what they were asking of the Browns for that very reason (same conference). As a niner's fan, I'm happy it played out that way. 

Personally Jimmy has Rob Johnson, Matt Flynn written all over him there was grumblings as of last off season during camp that he was not the answer. But then he went in through in games in pre season and had good work in spot duty for Brady's suspension and then the NFL got on his band wagon like he was ready to replace Brady.. STOP.. i'm not buying it. He may look decent because i'm sure Shannahan has a decent system and he is going to make him look up to par but I don't see him going to a team with no good OC and just taking the team to new heights. For example If Jimmy even went to a team like Denver right now he would not be a huge upgrade you would see his true value but if he goes to a team like the Steelers with Haley he would have a chance.

My plan would be to sign Bridgewater to a decent contract friendly for both sides for 2 years. Draft a QB in the first or second... Have Bortles and Bridgewater battle it out the winner will be the starter for the year while the rookie watches from the bench..  and hopefully the rookie is ready to take the reigns by his 2nd season.  I'm not sold on any of the QBs coming out this year.. including Darnold, his throwing motion is long and slow that worries me.. Rosen looks like the best prospect who is NFL ready he plays on a bad defensive team but something about him rubs me the wrong way. 

Archived