Jump to content
iPwn

2018 Starting Quarterback

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Deep down, i know that may well be the fastest route to actually fixing this mess.  But waaaaah.  I don't wanna.  :(

Yeah, totally understood.

I’m only going to be happy if they legitimately attempt to stabilize this position. Either a top ~35 pick on a guy or a clear stabilizing veteran. None of this Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, Tom Savage, or sticking with Blake (without massive growth) or Henne crap.

Just get a QB that you can win games with. Not any of this crap where you’re hoping they don’t get in the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I’m good with Alex Smith..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Yeah, I’m good with Alex Smith..

Yeah.  I changed my mind.  I'm cool with that too actually.  If we get to run that sweet basically air raid offense with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Smith looked great. If he keeps it up I doubt they switch to Mahomes anytime soon tbh. Liked how they let him air it out a bit more than normal. He certainly can do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, iPwn said:

A good number of reports have said he doesn’t want to be there. The front office did a few things that really angered him with how they handled his situation and he played on the tag because it was the only way for him to get out. But I suppose that’s a discussion for the 2018 QB thread. 

If this is the case I'm all for grabbing Cousins. Washington hasn't had the best supporting cast/defense for him. If our defense is for real and LF can be what we expect, I think we could seriously do things with Cousins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

If this is the case I'm all for grabbing Cousins. Washington hasn't had the best supporting cast/defense for him. If our defense is for real and LF can be what we expect, I think we could seriously do things with Cousins.

Prepare the 25 million contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still way early but as of now it sounds like Darnold plans on going back to school. One less option in the draft.

Really hoping for a vet and a rookie, one who can sit backand learn/watch hopefully a potential playoff team (I think average QB play with the setup of this team could definitely spark that convo). Even at 2-2 I don't see it unless we see more of Bortles from the London games. Fournette has to go against 8-9 men boxes, Bortles can't hit guys/Lee and co. are dropping passes like crazy.

Defense can only do so much. They had a down game and still basically handed the win on a silver platter and yet we still lost because passing game is pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Still way early but as of now it sounds like Darnold plans on going back to school. One less option in the draft.

Really hoping for a vet and a rookie, one who can sit backand learn/watch hopefully a potential playoff team (I think average QB play with the setup of this team could definitely spark that convo). Even at 2-2 I don't see it unless we see more of Bortles from the London games. Fournette has to go against 8-9 men boxes, Bortles can't hit guys/Lee and co. are dropping passes like crazy.

Defense can only do so much. They had a down game and still basically handed the win on a silver platter and yet we still lost because passing game is pathetic.

If this team was to go after Alex Smith and draft Lamar Jackson or some other high prospect and allow them to sit 1 or 2 years behind Smith. This team has been bad for so long, but what we see now is a team that is 1 consistent and competent QB from competing for a playoff spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Trade for Alex Smith.

Draft Lamar Jackson.

How do you expect to trade for alex and draft lamar.  Alex probably cost atleast a 2nd and jackson probably a 1st.  No need to waste a 1st on Lamar when hes more raw as a passer then mahomes was. 

Id take Josh Allen in round 3 tho.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

How do you expect to trade for alex and draft lamar.  Alex probably cost atleast a 2nd and jackson probably a 1st.  No need to waste a 1st on Lamar when hes more raw as a passer then mahomes was. 

Id take Josh Allen in round 3 tho.  

So, a couple things.

Lamar Jackson is easily worth a first round selection.

And I also would love Josh Allen in round 3. I would also be ecstatic to get Saquon Barkley in round 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

So, a couple things.

Lamar Jackson is easily worth a first round selection.

And I also would love Josh Allen in round 3. I would also be ecstatic to get Saquon Barkley in round 4.

lamar Jackson isnt worth a 1st.  yes hes a dynamic Athlete but as a true Passer he sucks.  remember how bad he was vs Clemson, thats about how teams will defend him.  his Frame suggests he wont be able to play all 16 games especially as a Running QB. 

as for Allen in 3 yes the tools says round 1, but his film says like round 4 or 5 at earliest.  id put him late 2/early 3.  his Production vs power 5 confrence teams have been Abysmal. his production vs his own confrences were a touch better but they werent good. Allen seems like the QB that guys will think they might be able to make into a Franchise Passer but ultimately will come down to when is the risk worth the reward cuz he looks like a guy who could be out of the league by his 2nd contract if hes not brought along properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

lamar Jackson isnt worth a 1st.  yes hes a dynamic Athlete but as a true Passer he sucks.  remember how bad he was vs Clemson, thats about how teams will defend him.  his Frame suggests he wont be able to play all 16 games especially as a Running QB. 

as for Allen in 3 yes the tools says round 1, but his film says like round 4 or 5 at earliest.  id put him late 2/early 3.  his Production vs power 5 confrence teams have been Abysmal. his production vs his own confrences were a touch better but they werent good. Allen seems like the QB that guys will think they might be able to make into a Franchise Passer but ultimately will come down to when is the risk worth the reward cuz he looks like a guy who could be out of the league by his 2nd contract if hes not brought along properly.

Lamar has progressed a lot as a passer and is probably the best QB option in the draft.

Even if you believe all those things about Allen are true, there is still a strong chance that he goes in the first round. He could fall, but I don't find that likely at this moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×