2018 Starting Quarterback

pwny

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Stats are a good tool to help evaluate

Never said they were meaningless, but don't just say Bortles and Eli are equal right now based on stats. Bortles is absolutely atrocious while having a great defense and leaning on his run games still. Eli with out setup would be much better. 

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

ESPN talking like Eli is in play. Is that even close to a viable option 

Where did you see that? Like a legit report or them just talking "what if?"?

Honestly, I think it's just being talked about because we have Tom Coughlin in the organization until something legit pops up. But I feel like it'd make a ton of sense for both sides. We have cap room and a desperate need for competent QB play.

Their season is done pretty much, Eli is old and not getting any better, etc.

Makes sense but I doubt it happens.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Where did you see that? Like a legit report or them just talking "what if?"?

Honestly, I think it's just being talked about because we have Tom Coughlin in the organization until something legit pops up. But I feel like it'd make a ton of sense for both sides. We have cap room and a desperate need for competent QB play.

Their season is done pretty much, Eli is old and not getting any better, etc.

Makes sense but I doubt it happens.

Just a video on ESPN

On 10/15/2017 at 10:26 AM, LinderFournette said:

I've not heard [the Jacksonville speculation], I've not felt it, not thinking about it," Manning told Newsday on Thursday, via Bob Glauber. "I don't want to play anywhere else. I love this team, love this organization, and I want to be here."

well that ends that

I don't know if that ends it, period.  Players say all kinds of stuff.  That's exactly what you'd expect to hear from a guy in Eli's position regardless of whether that's how he really feels or not.

But it was obviously a kind of out there longshot in the first place.

On 10/16/2017 at 6:53 PM, LinderFournette said:

i know it wont be a popular choice but if AJ McCarron isnt tendered or is tendered at like a 2nd round level and we are picking mid round i wouldnt mind signing AJ to be our QB. Small sample size but hes shown he can be a game manager, accurate, and not a turnover machine. 

No.

20 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I don't know if that ends it, period.  Players say all kinds of stuff.  That's exactly what you'd expect to hear from a guy in Eli's position regardless of whether that's how he really feels or not.

But it was obviously a kind of out there longshot in the first place.

No.

lol why cant AJ be a Possible option?  Hes accurate and takes care of the ball which is EXACTLY what marrone wants from his QB. 

Just now, Tugboat said:

Because he's not really either of those things.

have u watched him?

just a quick box score scouting but 66.4% completion percentage isnt accurate?

the turnovers arent bad. 2 ints 1 fumble in 3 games. plus it was his first 3 real playing time in the NFL. 

i definitely think AJ can definitely be atleast a bridge QB and can be an effective Game Manager. 

Archived