First Round with Trades

Nickpeloso17

15 minutes ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

Taylor and Bradford fall under the Flacco/Smith category. Foles has a super bowl and somewhat of chance to be the future of another team.

I agree they should trade up for Haskins but with what I’ve read about the Foles situation, that doesn’t seem like the most likely scenario at this point. A lot can and will change

http://whog957.com/jaguars-enter-the-quarterback-market-in-the-driver-seat/

Simply put, the Jaguars ARE the market for Foles or any of the mid-tier veterans that will be available come March 13th, should he hit free agency. Which means that Tom Coughlin doesn't have to make any unnecessary trades or sign Foles to a contract relatively as lucrative as the one they reportedly seriously considered last year when Kirk Cousins became available, yet turned down because the price was simply too high, (they were correct here, by the way).

I do believe the team will have heavily discussed Foles as an option, but at the end of the day they will pass on getting into any bidding wars for the quarterback and Philadelphia will find a suitor willing to part with the draft picks they covet. Besides, the Jaguars are going to be too busy ensuring they get the quarterback they have coveted since the fall, Dwayne Haskins.

Haskins makes more sense both short-term and long-term over signing foles IMO. they are connected with Foles cuz of the Deflippio connection however Deflippio is more known with his work on young QBs and he also did well in Cleveland with mcCown who is also a Free agent.  signing a guy like McCown, Fitzpatrick, Taylor, and to extent teddy would Help Haskins in transition to the NFL as well as Push him for the job(i feel a guy should earn the job not be handed it on a silver platter. 

On 2/19/2019 at 12:13 AM, Nickpeloso17 said:

32. New England Patriots: Jeffery Simmons, DT Mississippi State

Simmons did just tear his ACL, but he is a top 10 prospect. New England is known for taking chances on players with character concerns while also being used to not having their top draft pick available (traded their 1st for Cooks in 2017, losing Wynn to a torn ACL last year). DT is the teams' biggest need by far.

Awful pick and explanation...

Never mind the character concerns which as another poster mentioned Kraft will never let Belichick draft Simmons, the Pats could potentially lose 3 DL to free agency. You mentioned it yourself, DT is the team's biggest need so why the hell would they select a DT that won't even play this year.  Also, Wynn was lost to a torn achilles during training camp. It's not like they drafted him knowing he wasn't going to play his rookie season.

2 hours ago, silence22 said:

Awful pick and explanation...

Never mind the character concerns which as another poster mentioned Kraft will never let Belichick draft Simmons, the Pats could potentially lose 3 DL to free agency. You mentioned it yourself, DT is the team's biggest need so why the hell would they select a DT that won't even play this year.  Also, Wynn was lost to a torn achilles during training camp. It's not like they drafted him knowing he wasn't going to play his rookie season.

Wasn’t trying to make this a book so the explanations probably aren’t long enough to thoroughly explain the pick.

Yes they didn’t draft Wynn knowing they’d lose him for the year. What I meant by that was the Patriots have lost their first round pick in the past so they know how to treat that situation and deal with it in the future.

DT is the teams biggest need. Everyone forgets the first round of the draft isn’t the only time you can add players. Free Agency? The other six rounds? You don’t stop adding players after the first round which EVERYONE forgets.

Kraft not drafting someone with character concerns like his? Entirely possible. I will end up changing the pick next time. But it’s not as simple as some people make it seem.

Archived