Persistent OBJ trade rumors

Gmen

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m in the minority of Cleveland fans that want to trade for him. However, I want us to to be able to get another pass rusher in free agency.

With $79 Million in available cap space, I'm pretty sure Dorsey can get you both

It is crazy how some talking heads are floating around of idea of OBJ being worth a 2nd overall pick but AB not worth anything more than a mid round pick. I get that AB is 30 while OBJ is 26, thus even though AB has been a better WR, OBJ could carry more value, but that much more? Personally think everyone is off base here and they'll go for similar amounts, OBJ will fetch  a bit more for age factor.

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It is crazy how some talking heads are floating around of idea of OBJ being worth a 2nd overall pick but AB not worth anything more than a mid round pick. I get that AB is 30 while OBJ is 26, thus even though AB has been a better WR, OBJ could carry more value, but that much more? Personally think everyone is off base here and they'll go for similar amounts, OBJ will fetch  a bit more for age factor.

OBJ is entering his physical prime. AB is exiting his. You're underestimating how much 4 years means. 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

OBJ is entering his physical prime. AB is exiting his. You're underestimating how much 4 years means. 

Guys who get by primarily on their route running ability and understanding of coverages last well into their 30s. He will no doubt lose some big play ability, but would it really surprise anyone if AB has a more productive next few years than OBJ? Guys like Marvin and Rice were still racking up all-pros well into their 30s. I don't disagree that OBJ is more valuable, but I don't think it's 2nd overall pick vs 4th round pick here (hot take).

Also you make it seem like OBJ is going to get faster, "entering his physical prime." He's been there. I would say all but guys who play in the trenches are entering the league in their physical prime, and certainly reach there by year 2 or 3. I assume you just meant prime in general, which I agree with in theory, 25-30 is sweet spot of still having your athleticism while also having a few years to focus solely on training and gaining experience, but it doesn't apply to everyone. If you are an all-pro level WR as a rookie, odds are you won't get much better.

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

I would hate to see OBJ traded to Cleveland, and the Giants wouldn’t be that cruel. But it is a business so you never know. 

Why? You stated the Giants O-Line was garbage so advantage Cleveland. Obviously advantage Cleveland at QB. Browns did rush for more yards and TDs than the Giants so as Candy said above, better running game. It would be cruel not to not to trade him to Cleveland.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Why? You stated the Giants O-Line was garbage so advantage Cleveland. Obviously advantage Cleveland at QB. Browns did rush for more yards and TDs than the Giants so as Candy said above, better running game. It would be cruel not to not to trade him to Cleveland.

The Browns aren’t a good organization despite the 7 win season. And like Lebron, OBJ is too big for Cleveland. The only thing that might make it work is his friendship with Landry.

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I don’t think so. Pittsburgh doesn’t have any leverage in negotiations. AB wants out. They’re essentially forced to trade him. The Giants however are more than content with keeping OBJ but will field offers and only take an offer if they’re blown away. Add on top of that he’s still in the prime of his career and there will be a substantial difference in trade value.

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

The Browns aren’t a good organization despite the 7 win season. And like Lebron, OBJ is too big for Cleveland. The only thing that might make it work is his friendship with Landry.

Or his college WR coach who is the Browns WR coach. 

Yeah in the past the browns have been a garbage organization. Dorsey has changed that quite quickly. Hiring guys like Highsmith and wolfe did that. You can tell by some of the coaches they just pulled that people actually want to be a part of the Browns

also what would be bigger for him then being a key piece in winning the browns/Cleveland a Super Bowl. He would get more hype with that than winning One in NYG. 

Also you want to talk about organizational fails. Giants drafted a RB over a franchise QB and still want to ride with Eli next year. 

10 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

If the Giants trade OBJ it will be one of the dumbest moves of this era. He's so damn good and can do everything you want from a receiver. Blazing speed, quick to separate, high points like no other, and the most reliable hands in the NFL. Paired with Barkley and you're not far from having an elite offense. Taking him away puts you much farther back.

First off, calm down. There are at least 15 wide receivers in the league with more reliable hands than OBJ. His hands are remarkable 60% of the time, everytime.

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

OBJ would never be as big in Cleveland as Baker. Why it would matter i'm not sure, probably just an opportunity to take a LeBron shot, but as far as marketing Cleveland would be a pretty good place to be right now.

6 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don’t think so. Pittsburgh doesn’t have any leverage in negotiations. AB wants out. They’re essentially forced to trade him. The Giants however are more than content with keeping OBJ but will field offers and only take an offer if they’re blown away. Add on top of that he’s still in the prime of his career and there will be a substantial difference in trade value.

Exactly. 12 months ago they probably had similar value. 

As for OBJ, that interview he gave with ESPN where Ms Anderson asked him "are you happy in NY?" And he said "that's a complicated question... I love warm weather" 

The giants were smart to structure his contract so that they could trade him. The Steelers were not so smart 

Piece of NFL history: Jim harbaugh loved Odell and wanted to trade multiple high picks to move up to get him. Trent baalke refused and it tore the franchise apart because Jim let his displeasure be known and Jed York was too feable and stupid to dump baalke.Thatwas the beginning of the end of the 49ers window. 

19 hours ago, Gmen said:

For the second straight offseason there are trade rumors surrounding OBJ.  Jay Glazer says it’s a real possibility.  Chris Simms said the Giants almost sent him to the Patriots last year.  Mike Florio says the 49ers were interested last year, and continue to be interested this year. 

As a Giants fan I’m torn. On one hand I love watching him play and talents like him don’t grow on trees. On the other hand, we can use some picks to build around Barkley and also fix the defense.

What are your thoughts? 

build around a rb? lol

Archived