Persistent OBJ trade rumors

Gmen

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cleveland, SF or a darkhorse team?

Why do I continue to see reliable Giants sources report that there aren't meaningful trade discussions going on, while also seeing reports from no names like this guy and "Hogs Nation" about how he is on the block?

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Why do I continue to see reliable Giants sources report that there aren't meaningful trade discussions going on, while also seeing reports from no names like this guy and "Hogs Nation" about how he is on the block?

No clue and fair statement. 

But seems like a lot of smoke...Coming from beat writers from other teams and not the Giants. Though Jordan Raanan did say while he doesn't think NYG are shopping OBJ, they are willing to listen to offers and the buzz around the combine was that SF is really interested in him.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

Jeff Howe is a reliable Patriots beat writer. If I count 1 and 1 together it means the Patriots are in trade talks with the Giants.

My thoughts exactly. And Kawakami while he didn't report that there have been trade talks, probably has a source in the 49ers organization that linked the two together.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

No clue and fair statement. 

But seems like a lot of smoke...Coming from beat writers from other teams and not the Giants. Though Jordan Raanan did say while he doesn't think NYG are shopping OBJ, they are willing to listen to offers and the buzz around the combine was that SF is really interested in him.

And I think he is absolutely right about that. Giants I'm sure are receiving calls about him and listening to them. But unless someone offers what they want, he's staying put. And Raanan also said that even the #2 pick straight up in this year's draft from SF woudn't be enough. So unless the Pats are offering their next 3 years of first round picks, it isn't happening.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

And I think he is absolutely right about that. Giants I'm sure are receiving calls about him and listening to them. But unless someone offers what they want, he's staying put. And Raanan also said that even the #2 pick straight up in this year's draft from SF woudn't be enough. So unless the Pats are offering their next 3 years of first round picks, it isn't happening.

#2 for OBJ wouldn't be enough? I have a hard time believing that, but don't think that would ever be offered anyways. More likely swap of 1st rounders then additional 2020 1st rounder.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

#2 for OBJ wouldn't be enough? I have a hard time believing that, but don't think that would ever be offered anyways. More likely swap of 1st rounders then additional 2020 1st rounder.

Which, by all reports out of NJ, is not nearly enough for OBJ. Which is why I'm saying he isn't going anywhere.

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Mike Garafolo just tweeted what I was saying: more of the same, there is chatter, but nothing is remotely close to happening.

Basically, the news is there is no news. He isn't going anywhere.

I wish it would just die already, you know? And I only have it half as bad as you guys as a niner fan. 

Archived