Persistent OBJ trade rumors

Gmen

Just now, Forge said:

I wish it would just die already, you know? And I only have it half as bad as you guys as a niner fan. 

It's the worst, which is why I am so adamant about it. At this point, us Giants fans and Odell himself are just tired of it. We've been hearing the same thing for like 3 years now. And Giants fans love him and know how good he is on the field and in the locker room for the team. Usually I think it is silly when players say the media is against them or something, but I really think it may be true with OBJ. This never ends and it's not even like there is ever any developments. 

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

It's the worst, which is why I am so adamant about it. At this point, us Giants fans and Odell himself are just tired of it. We've been hearing the same thing for like 3 years now. And Giants fans love him and know how good he is on the field and in the locker room for the team. Usually I think it is silly when players say the media is against them or something, but I really think it may be true with OBJ. This never ends and it's not even like there is ever any developments. 

As a Giants fan, I feel the same way you do about Odell as a player and teammate. I love the guy and absolutely do not want him traded. But lets not act like the media was just looking for players to make life difficult for and chose his name out of a hat. The media is a business(es) and they sell stories. Odell a very "marketable" player because he generates a lot of stories with not only his play - but his "antics." The Norman incident, kicking/kissing the net, celebrations, comments he makes to the media about play-calling/Eli, etc. We all know how the media operates, and Odell needs to take responsibility for giving them plenty of ammo. He needs to learn how to navigate the media, much like many of the other stars have. I get that he wears his heart on his sleeve. But if he wants to "be himself" all the time then he has to accept that the media is going to profit off of it - and ultimately bring negative attention on him and his team.

10 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

As a Giants fan, I feel the same way you do about Odell as a player and teammate. I love the guy and absolutely do not want him traded. But lets not act like the media was just looking for players to make life difficult for and chose his name out of a hat. The media is a business(es) and they sell stories. Odell a very "marketable" player because he generates a lot of stories with not only his play - but his "antics." The Norman incident, kicking/kissing the net, celebrations, comments he makes to the media about play-calling/Eli, etc. We all know how the media operates, and Odell needs to take responsibility for giving them plenty of ammo. He needs to learn how to navigate the media, much like many of the other stars have. I get that he wears his heart on his sleeve. But if he wants to "be himself" all the time then he has to accept that the media is going to profit off of it - and ultimately bring negative attention on him and his team.

The problem with that is, if the media wants to create a story, there is literally nothing anybody can do to stop them. They'll just spin some innocuous comment into something the person never said, and if they can't even manage that, they'll head straight to anonymous sourceville. 

$35M in dead money to trade OBJ, so they need an offer that not only warrants losing a top 5 WR, but also swallowing a huge cap hit (I might be wrong but I think that would only translate to $35M minus current cap hit, so not quite as much but still obviously a ton for somebody not playing). I don't think there is any team that would value OBJ that high.

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

$35M in dead money to trade OBJ, so they need an offer that not only warrants losing a top 5 WR, but also swallowing a huge cap hit (I might be wrong but I think that would only translate to $35M minus current cap hit, so not quite as much but still obviously a ton for somebody not playing). I don't think there is any team that would value OBJ that high.

Dead money is 16 million in trade. the team acquiring him picks up the guaranteed base. 

58 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also...media...just let this diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeee.

He's not going to get traded before the draft anyway, so we got like 6 weeks or something. Come back then. 

idk about that. * What if the packers finish signed there fa's and then offer 12 & 30 to the G-men for obj?

I mean I agree between OBJ* AB(before he got traded) trade chatter and Kyler Murray talk  the media just is staying on these stories. let it go

Just now, flyguy1609 said:

idk about that. * What if the packers finish signed there fa's and then offer 12 & 30 to the G-men for obj?

I should have specified that I'm more or less talking about the 49ers specifically in this regard. I don't think that trade can happen before the draft. 

5 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I mean I agree between OBJ* AB(before he got traded) trade chatter and Kyler Murray talk  the media just is staying on these stories. let it go

I'd want more than 12 and 30 honestly.

Archived