Umbrella Academy - Netflix & Comic

The Gnat

Tried watching it this weekend. Went through the first episode thinking this is ok. I did think they needed to hone in on a single character as a "grounding character" to tell the story through. Then I got to episode 2 and I dozed off so much by the end of the episode I realize I had no idea what happened. Havent gone back. 

Roommate and I said we'd try one episode. Ended up watching the whole season. It's pretty good. I wouldn't say I loved it or that I'm looking forward to another season but I don't regret watching it. The characters were good.

22 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Tried watching it this weekend. Went through the first episode thinking this is ok. I did think they needed to hone in on a single character as a "grounding character" to tell the story through. Then I got to episode 2 and I dozed off so much by the end of the episode I realize I had no idea what happened. Havent gone back. 

I think that the first episode is lacking that grounding character. They do a good job developing some ore focal points for the story though different episodes will focus on different characters. The first episode was weak that way though.

• 1 month later...

I finally got my copy of the first TPB.

I thought it was interesting, I can see where they pulled parts of it for the first season of the show. I think that there were some parts that were more interesting, and other parts that weren't as good. The biggest thing that you lost in the TPB was Klaus, just not as much time spent on building up characters and getting all of the over the topness of Klaus that you get in the show.

4 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I finally got my copy of the first TPB.

I thought it was interesting, I can see where they pulled parts of it for the first season of the show. I think that there were some parts that were more interesting, and other parts that weren't as good. The biggest thing that you lost in the TPB was Klaus, just not as much time spent on building up characters and getting all of the over the topness of Klaus that you get in the show.

I agree. I dont think TPB was bad, but didnt really enjoy it that much. I love the changes they made for the show especially Klaus.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:12 AM, thrILL! said:

8ae4389d4c5e02421917983f339fee7b.jpg

Anybody reading Hotel Oblivion?

Haven't gotten it yet, but I do want to get the other two TPB's to read. It was definitely an interesting enough story with the first one that I do want to read more of them.

Archived