Jags cut LB Audie Cole

VLoo

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree with Pwny. Bring in a kicker. If he does well and we still just cut him at least if Myers really sucks out of the gate we know someone we can call. Doesn't hurt to call if we have a roster spot and nothing is guaranteed. 

We can still just bring any of these guys in off the street any time anyway.  It just seems like another stupid distraction to even bother with at this point.  Which seems like the last thing this team actually needs.  If they'd done it earlier in the offseason and had a full preseason competition...that would've had some merit.  But at this point, bringing anyone in is a farce.  Be decisive.  Either bring a guy in and send Myers packing if you think they're a better option...or just roll with the mess they made, bring in someone else when he inevitably flames out.  It's literally not possible to ascertain anything about a new guy in a week like that.  It'd be entirely about what they've done in the past elsewhere.  So don't dress it up as "competition" because that's not what it is.  I'm not buying that any more than i bought this circus sideshow of a QB competition.

7 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

We can still just bring any of these guys in off the street any time anyway.

If you bring them in later though, you’re using up a roster space and likely committing to them. Now, the roster spot isn’t being used and you can just use it as an extended try out if you want. 

8 minutes ago, iPwn said:

If you bring them in later though, you’re using up a roster space and likely committing to them. Now, the roster spot isn’t being used and you can just use it as an extended try out if you want. 

It's not a "try out" at this point anyway though.  It's a joke.  You're either committing to them replacing Myers, or you're just wasting everyone's time basically.

I totally get wanting "competition" for Myers...but that's not what this would be.  It'd be a sideshow distraction, nothing more.  I mean, teams "work out" kickers during the season just fine if it comes to that.  That's not unusual.

I would rather take a shot on Kony Ealy who actually could make the roster over a kicker tbh.

BB has his way of doing things in NE and they're good and all, but there's no reason Ealy shouldn't be on an NFL roster. He was overhyped in the draft but I don't see how he isn't a rotational/backup DE on a team. Think he'd be a decent fit as a backup 5T here.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I would rather take a shot on Kony Ealy who actually could make the roster over a kicker tbh.

BB has his way of doing things in NE and they're good and all, but there's no reason Ealy shouldn't be on an NFL roster. He was overhyped in the draft but I don't see how he isn't a rotational/backup DE on a team. Think he'd be a decent fit as a backup 5T here.

He was fantastic in the Superbowl and I thought he'd build on it the next season, but he has been a disappointment. I feel our needs at K and other places are more important than another rotational rusher. Basically makes the selection of Dawuane a moot point. 

14 minutes ago, Jags said:

He was fantastic in the Superbowl and I thought he'd build on it the next season, but he has been a disappointment. I feel our needs at K and other places are more important than another rotational rusher. Basically makes the selection of Dawuane a moot point. 

A sMOOT point?

1 hour ago, Jags said:

Man, I want as many bodies along that DL as possible. If you think Ealy has a chance to be a solid piece for us pick him up. Still young and as you said, has shown serious promise before. Never know if he just needs a certain scheme fit/we end up being a spot where he picks it up at. Smoot is a rookie, not too worried about having too many options at 5T right now.

Whoever we pick up at K isn't sticking past next week and most options at this point probably aren't unless it's Ealy or Kaepernick imo. If Myers sucks we can try and find a guy while cutting Myers later on.

Archived