Free agency plus draft thoughts

Trapt37

On 3/3/2019 at 4:34 PM, canadaluvsdallas said:

Let's not forget. We threw away a season thinking Darren McFadden could do what D.Murray & Zeke can do.

There is a reason we got Zeke. We were that terrible without him.

22 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Granted Romo was one hit away from the IR every time at this point but Dmac wasn’t a threat at all. No one clued into our running game even when Romo played , which lead to everyone crowding the line of scrimmage and I honestly think we got blitzed like every play with teams knowing well that if they took Romo out we’d be without a playmaker that can make plays when it counts.

That whole season was a disaster because we forgot who we were. Our offense didn’t even run through Romo at that point , it depended on a RB that can make crunch time plays and keep defenders honest. 

We got too cute and threw away the season. I think the FO realized this as well and don’t wish to go back. 

I think you are mis-remembering. DMC was actually really good that year. Romo and Dez went down, plus we were putting all our chips in with Joseph Randall, not McFadden. DMC had almost 1100 yards at 4.6 YPC in 10 game starts with trash all around him. To put that in perspective, Zekes career YPC is 4.7. That means there is only about a 30 yard difference in what Zeke did for us last year and what DMC did in 2015 if you equalize the carries.

BTW - Murray was also in that same ball park (4.7 YPC). Which should be very clear that if Murray did it, then DMC and then Zeke that the RB is not as important as the OL. Which I think we all know. Honestly, I think we can get >80% of Zekes production for <20% of his pay.

14 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Whelp they gambled and lost. 

If Dlaw is pushing Mack money, I hope we trade him and get back into the first. We have too many contracts we need sign to be overpaying guys by 25%. The rumor last year was that he wanted a long term deal around the franchise number ($17m/yr). I would expect that to jump up to ~$20m/yr. But if he wants much more than that... well, bye. 

6 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Landon Collins not tagged. Set to be a free agent.

The Giants offer, allegedly, was $11m/year. He balked at it. 

ET3 is apparently asking for $13m/year. 

Looks like we have a safety price range for this offseason. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

If the market plays out similar to last year, those prices may come down.

Collins may get his due to him only being 25.

I wouldnt be opposed to Tre Boston pending his price tag.

Playing with fire on D-Law. If our SB window is open (like they claim) you have to get a deal done with him. Do you honestly think a Ansah and draft pick rotation is gonna duplicate the production? 

Hell we already have question marks at the other DE spot and at DT.

7 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Playing with fire on D-Law. If our SB window is open (like they claim) you have to get a deal done with him. Do you honestly think a Ansah and draft pick rotation is gonna duplicate the production? 

Yes with what d law seems to be asking we could get 2 DE, and a safety

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

NO way do I want Dallas to go anywhere near 13 million for ET. Unless most is not guaranteed.

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Yup. I love DLaw, but our fanbase is acting like he is Dware. Ansah is almost statistically the same player is Lawrence the last 4 years. He has just lost his hype because he has missed a good chunk of time the last couple years. But its not like Tank has been healthy over his career either. 

17 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

NO way do I want Dallas to go anywhere near 13 million for ET. Unless most is not guaranteed.

I dont think you are going to get him for much less than $13m/year. He is the only HOF caliber FS in the NFL right now. He is still the best center fielder in the NFL. He is going to want to be paid like it. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Yup. I love DLaw, but our fanbase is acting like he is Dware. Ansah is almost statistically the same player is Lawrence the last 4 years. He has just lost his hype because he has missed a good chunk of time the last couple years. But its not like Tank has been healthy over his career either. 

I dont think you are going to get him for much less than $13m/year. He is the only HOF caliber FS in the NFL right now. He is still the best center fielder in the NFL. He is going to want to be paid like it. 

Yes and if he was younger and health free I would consider that but he is neither at this point. Just saying if we get a HomeTown discount it should be much less 8 to 10 million depending on guarantees

Archived