Free agency plus draft thoughts

Trapt37

49 minutes ago, D82 said:

He's gonna take a nice contract as opposed to a great one to come play here?

The wording is just funny. Like he has other top priorities at the CB position or something lol.

Or the writer was trying to say that he is our top priority at the safety position, but instead said we are his top priority at the safety position. 

Post season possibilities:

1. Sign D Lawrence to a contract.

2. Sign Dak to a contract.

FA pick signings:

1. O line OT.

2. S.

3. Back up QB.

BREAKING NEWS:

The Cowboys trade Elliott for a 1st and 4th and sign Le'veon Bell.

Draft:

1. DE BPA

2. DT BPA

trade 3rd and a 4th to move up and get another 2nd.

2a. WR or TE BPA.

Of course this is all off the cuff right now, but in the game of "what if" what are your thoughts?

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

The Cowboys trade Elliott for a 1st and 4th and sign Le'veon Bell.

For a 1st and a 2nd or a 1st and a 3rd then sure.

I wouldn't mind that to terribly but I don't think I could execute that trade.

39 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

For a 1st and a 2nd or a 1st and a 3rd then sure.

I wouldn't mind that to terribly but I don't think I could execute that trade.

Yeah, I didn't want to aim too high on the asking price, most on here would say it would never happen. I mean, this scenario is likely NEVER going to happen, so I tried to tone it down a bit.

BUT, let me at least try to give my reasoning.

1. Trading Zeke eliminates the contract problem we would have, especially if we sign Dak to a lesser contract then we would be willing to offer Zeke. And that may very well happen, imo.

2. It never seems to work out for us having that ONE Blue Chip player. I mean, is there anyone else on this team that could garner us a 1st and more? I say no. That alone makes Zeke THEE guy in Dallas. But when we had Ware or Owens or whoever, It just doesn't seem to be enough. Key on that player and the rest of the team is very beatable. We need a team that can beat you multiple ways with players that can beat you in multiple ways. Right now I don't believe we have many of those.

3. Signing Zeke to something more than 3 years will be a waste after that point. RB's do not have a record of longevity, at least not a productive record after so many years. They take a beating. We throw a big contract at Zeke and in 3 years we are saddled with high payout but limited production.

And please understand, I DON'T WANT TO TRADE ZEKE!!!! But I do worry that if we are not ready to make a legit run this or next year, perhaps his value to us is greater than as our RB.

If it meant we get younger, upgrade our O line, D line, Receiver corp, AND get a sufficient replacement in Bell. Then I have to consider it. 

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Yeah, I didn't want to aim too high on the asking price, most on here would say it would never happen. I mean, this scenario is likely NEVER going to happen, so I tried to tone it down a bit.

1. Trading Zeke eliminates the contract problem we would have, especially if we sign Dak to a lesser contract then we would be willing to offer Zeke. And that may very well happen, imo.

2. It never seems to work out for us having that ONE Blue Chip player. I mean, is there anyone else on this team that could garner us a 1st and more? I say no. That alone makes Zeke THEE guy in Dallas. But when we had Ware or Owens or whoever, It just doesn't seem to be enough. Key on that player and the rest of the team is very beatable. We need a team that can beat you multiple ways with players that can beat you in multiple ways. Right now I don't believe we have many of those.

3. Signing Zeke to something more than 3 years will be a waste after that point. RB's do not have a record of longevity, at least not a productive record after so many years. They take a beating. We throw a big contract at Zeke and in 3 years we are saddled with high payout but limited production.

And please understand, I DON'T WANT TO TRADE ZEKE!!!! But I do worry that if we are not ready to make a legit run this or next year, perhaps his value to us is greater than as our RB.

If it meant we get younger, upgrade our O line, D line, Receiver corp, AND get a sufficient replacement in Bell. Then I have to consider it. 

Well if this was Madden, it would be a brilliant move. H/e you have to take into account now PR and player reactions.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Well if this was Madden, it would be a brilliant move. H/e you have to take into account now PR and player reactions.

Not too worried about PR or player reaction if it helps is win.

Trading Zeke doesn't 

22 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

How so? You traded him and then went and paid LeVeon Bell(who is only a FA because he held out from his team for more money).  Trading Zeke doesn't solve our contract issue if we immediately sign another RB to a big FA contract. 

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Trading Zeke doesn't 

How so? You traded him and then went and paid LeVeon Bell(who is only a FA because he held out from his team for more money).  Trading Zeke doesn't solve our contract issue if we immediately sign another RB to a big FA contract. 

Yes but we would be getting a similar dominant back plus an extra 1st and maybe another pick or two. So I can see the appeal in that. 

16 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Cowboys plan on giving Zeke TGurley money. No links on phone but it’s on bleacherreport 

That's the floor I heard. Gurley's cap hits are very manageable imo. For what we get out of Zeke.

14M per 

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 sorry Bease, I love ya, but not at 20 mil guaranteed! 

Give me Lil’Jordan Humphrey as a replacement slot receiver in the draft and I’ll be ecstatic! 

Yea that's excessive. I would give 7 to 9 guaranteed but that's it.

Archived