OBJ Traded to Browns for spare change

Acgott

26 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I don’t believe it.

Nah, Patriots would have known that the Giants in no way could have traded him last year because of the massive cap hit. A team could have offered 5 1sts and they would have had to turn it down.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

If he gets traded, the 49ers are going to be way up there with regards to potential destinations. 

I'm thinking something like, Swap of 2 / 6 this year, 49ers FRP next year, and a sweetener (player or pick).

I don’t think they Giants want to swap picks though. We have him locked up for a while; either a team pays up, or they don’t get him. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Give us Zeitler, Tretter and Landry + 17  and next years first. (this is me being a troll, but seriously that would be the package we should look for two established players + a young guy  (or another established player) + picks)

6 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Give us Zeitler, Tretter and Landry + 17  and next years first. (this is me being a troll, but seriously that would be the package we should look for two established players + a young guy  (or another established player) + picks)

As you said you are trolling, but ewwww. I rather just do OBJ for 17 if forced to. I don't want those big contracts.

13 minutes ago, Acgott said:

As you said you are trolling, but ewwww. I rather just do OBJ for 17 if forced to. I don't want those big contracts.

You'll settle for Zeitler and Ogbah and you'll like it.

This would be an insane move.  All year I kept hearing from Giants fans that we gotta extend Odell's contract, that it was a must do.

Now some of you seem perfectly happy with trading him, after he signed a 90 million dollar deal.  A trade like this would cost the team millions and I understand that some of you think Eli needs to be cut to save money yet you're willing to lose millions to trade Odell.

Gettleman hasn't shown me much outside of a pretty decent draft, that he belongs but if he were to make a transaction like this he deserves to be fired immediately actually if he's even discussed this with the owners he needs to be fired.  

I guess the question is that if this does happen, and I believe that it's a big if, what would we be ok for as to the compensation?  If we flipped first round picks with the 49ers plus a second rounder would you guys be ok with that?

7 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

I guess the question is that if this does happen, and I believe that it's a big if, what would we be ok for as to the compensation?  If we flipped first round picks with the 49ers plus a second rounder would you guys be ok with that?

No. We need at least 2 first round picks. They need to WOW us. Maybe just their first and we send a future second I would do.

Archived