OBJ Traded to Browns for spare change

Acgott

1 minute ago, GMENNATION said:

I'm not familiar with the cap rules now for traded players but honestly, eating up 10+% of the cap for someone not on the team isn't worth it, even for 1st rounders. 

No matter what we can't use most of the cap space. OBJ has a cap hit of $21M. If he were traded we would get $5M to use. That's additional money we didn't have before.

10 minutes ago, Acgott said:

No. We need at least 2 first round picks. They need to WOW us. Maybe just their first and we send a future second I would do.

I wouldn't mind a first next year.  It's a really good QB class and having an extra first for ammo to move up in case we need too wouldn't be terrible.

2 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

Just saw a report on twitter that the Browns offer for Beckham is the 17 pick this year, a second round pick next year plus Ogbah.  I hope thats not the deal.

The Browns just traded with us to get a replacement for Ogbah because he isn't good. Do they really think a mid first and a future 2nd is enough? GTFO.

Just now, Counselor said:

That’s not much for OBJ

No. But ownership sucks and has since Mara died. Management sucks and has since 2007.  This team sucks. Trade away every young play maker and keep a pathetically bad Eli. 

I hate this ownership and GM. Absolutely hate them. 

At least when the Giants are getting their doors blown off next year Shurmur and Gettleman can keep themselves warm with the fact that their team of choir boys act with integrity. 

I feel terrible for Saquon. 

Obviously I have the same reaction as everyone here but...I think we should wait and see the final plan before we judge decisively. Yes it certainly feels like the Browns got the better end of this deal. But when I look at the 2 deals together I see the potential. Zeitler helps shore up the line and was much needed, Peppers is young and talented and fills a needed void. Perhaps the 3rd was had to turn around for Rosen... and the 6th and 17th are yet to be determined. It also freed up quite a bit in salary cap according to the pundits on NFL Network. Perhaps that allows a couple of decent FA signings. Let's wait and see the final roster before we totally freak out.... maybe he has a decent plan.

5 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

Just saw a report on twitter that the Browns offer for Beckham is the 17 pick this year, a second round pick next year plus Ogbah.  I hope thats not the deal.

Damn, would have been a lot better imo.

Sorry boys, I just don't understand this for you guys.

Archived