OBJ Traded to Browns for spare change

Acgott

3 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

I mean that’s an example but that doesn’t say SF were willing to trade the #2 pick. I’m sure over time we will learn that there were or would’ve been better offers. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

I mean that’s an example but that doesn’t say SF were willing to trade the #2 pick. I’m sure over time we will learn that there were or would’ve been better offers. 

Yea, my thing is that the two teams we heard the entire time were the 49ers and Browns.  And rumors are rumors, I'm not really sure that anyone would know exactly what the offers were except for the Gms of those team.  Wouldn't be surprised if this was the truth to the actual rumor.  Not sure any team would've given up more than what the Browns did. The only other NFC team I can think of that would've even offered something would be the Rams.  

On 3/16/2019 at 7:16 PM, Shockey1979 said:

Dude on NFL network is saying Gettleman was "blown away" by the Browns offer and although there were other teams inquiring none came close to the return the Browns sent...

He must really like Jabrill Peppers...

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

He must really like Jabrill Peppers...

Gettleman has kind of confirmed this only a few minutes into this presser. I don't think the value we got for Odell was enough, but Peppers is a really, really nice piece, especially in Bettcher's system. Honestly, this is the perfect place for him and he is supremely talented. He's not as good against the run as Landon (no one is at safety), but he is very good and also much better in the passing game. He can play single high. He takes great angles. He is a playmaker. He can also return punts. Nick Turchyn broke down Peppers and was so interested in Peppers in Bettcher's defense that his first thought about the trade was not the player leaving, but Peppers coming in.

If you look at the trade the giants won the entire trade.  We traded a defensive end that's always hurt and a receiver that has miss 16 games in 2 years.  That's averages 8 games a year. For 1 of the top guards in the game and a top 10 safety in the game and a 1st and 3rd round pick.  Where is the loss.     Odell as much as he did good he did bad.  Personal fouls drop balls. "GREEN BAY",  fighting with the net fighting on the field.  He was a headache. Oh and the muffed punt return in Carolina.  Hes one player that is replaceable 

27 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Gettleman has kind of confirmed this only a few minutes into this presser. I don't think the value we got for Odell was enough, but Peppers is a really, really nice piece, especially in Bettcher's system. Honestly, this is the perfect place for him and he is supremely talented. He's not as good against the run as Landon (no one is at safety), but he is very good and also much better in the passing game. He can play single high. He takes great angles. He is a playmaker. He can also return punts. Nick Turchyn broke down Peppers and was so interested in Peppers in Bettcher's defense that his first thought about the trade was not the player leaving, but Peppers coming in.

He say anything else of note? At work...can't watch

1 hour ago, Cuziam71 said:

If you look at the trade the giants won the entire trade.  We traded a defensive end that's always hurt and a receiver that has miss 16 games in 2 years.  That's averages 8 games a year. For 1 of the top guards in the game and a top 10 safety in the game and a 1st and 3rd round pick.  Where is the loss.     Odell as much as he did good he did bad.  Personal fouls drop balls. "GREEN BAY",  fighting with the net fighting on the field.  He was a headache. Oh and the muffed punt return in Carolina.  Hes one player that is replaceable 

Woowwww chill dog. I like the trade but Odell isn’t replaceable. 

Why isnt Odell replaceable. The fact is everyone is replaceable.  We are 29-47 when he plays so saying hes not replaceable is a joke.  Where was he week 13 to week 17.  He didnt play.  Supposedly he had an injury which was a total lie.  He quit on the giants.  So when you say Odell isnt  replaceable your giving him way to much credit

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Peppers isn’t good in coverage. The Browns played him at FS and he struggled. It was only when they moved him to strong and close to LOS he flourished 

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Peppers isn’t good in coverage. The Browns played him at FS and he struggled. It was only when they moved him to strong and close to LOS he flourished 

Nick Turchyn did a full breakdown of Peppers on his twitter. Take a look at it.

16 minutes ago, Cuziam71 said:

Why isnt Odell replaceable. The fact is everyone is replaceable.  We are 29-47 when he plays so saying hes not replaceable is a joke.  Where was he week 13 to week 17.  He didnt play.  Supposedly he had an injury which was a total lie.  He quit on the giants.  So when you say Odell isnt  replaceable your giving him way to much credit

That record is wrong btw. Odell has barely played over 60 games in his career. 

Odell faking an injury last 4 games is such nonsense because there is no reason for him to not play those games.

lastly he isn’t replaceable. Tell me of another player in the league that can score anywhere and at any time on the field? He’s a rare talent hence not replaceable

Archived