OBJ Traded to Browns for spare change

Acgott

23 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Nick Turchyn did a full breakdown of Peppers on his twitter. Take a look at it.

Yeah I’ve seen it. Im not saying he can’t be a good player for us but I’m just disputing his coverage abilities. It ain’t good. Like that play he showed in the Denver game is a play that any competent safety should make. Keenum got moved off his spot, was under pressure and threw a duck. Another example was where he was 1v1 vs OJ Howard, he got beat and only got back in position because the ball was under thrown otherwise it’s a TD. He did well to not interfere and not break the play up though

41 minutes ago, Cuziam71 said:

Why isnt Odell replaceable. The fact is everyone is replaceable.  We are 29-47 when he plays so saying hes not replaceable is a joke.  Where was he week 13 to week 17.  He didnt play.  Supposedly he had an injury which was a total lie.  He quit on the giants.  So when you say Odell isnt  replaceable your giving him way to much credit

He's a generational talent. I thought we were in good hands when Gettleman said "you don't give up on talent", but apparently we have different definitions of "give up". Since when do we attribute wins/losses to WRs? Fact is we would absolutely have a worse record over the games Odell played in if we did not have him. He singlehandedly won us a few games in 2016- Ravens and Cowboys games come to mind. He's a gamechanger and the best WR in the league when healthy IMO. He's absolutely a huge loss.

The one and only thing we have to fall back on here is we've got probably the best RB in the NFL on the roster who can also score from anywhere on the field at any time. That helps alleviate the loss a lot.

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yeah I’ve seen it. Im not saying he can’t be a good player for us but I’m just disputing his coverage abilities. It ain’t good. Like that play he showed in the Denver game is a play that any competent safety should make. Keenum got moved off his spot, was under pressure and threw a duck. Another example was where he was 1v1 vs OJ Howard, he got beat and only got back in position because the ball was under thrown otherwise it’s a TD. He did well to not interfere and not break the play up though

Do you agree he is better in coverage than Landon? He had a similar 2nd year break out that Landon had and he's going to be in an even better defense for his skillset this year.

18 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Do you agree he is better in coverage than Landon? He had a similar 2nd year break out that Landon had and he's going to be in an even better defense for his skillset this year.

Marginally so or not by much. 

Also Gettleman needs to shut up. Read some of what he said. SUch a buffoon.

Odell didnt play the last 4 games because of an injury correct. What injury was he out for?  Remember this Eli might be finished but he won us 2 superbowls. Odell is extremely talented but we have a running back that is far greater then Odell.  

I saw the stat on line with win and lost record with Beckham being apart of the giants so that's my bad.  

There are alot of receivers that can do what he can.  Julio, antoine, AJ Green are just the easy names that can do what he can.   How many superbowls have they won.   

not 1 person can win a game in the NFL.  It takes a team effort.  Something Odell knows nothing about. Watch the interview with lil Wayne.  That's what finished him off

8 minutes ago, Cuziam71 said:

Odell didnt play the last 4 games because of an injury correct. What injury was he out for?  Remember this Eli might be finished but he won us 2 superbowls. Odell is extremely talented but we have a running back that is far greater then Odell.  

I saw the stat on line with win and lost record with Beckham being apart of the giants so that's my bad.  

There are alot of receivers that can do what he can.  Julio, antoine, AJ Green are just the easy names that can do what he can.   How many superbowls have they won.   

not 1 person can win a game in the NFL.  It takes a team effort.  Something Odell knows nothing about. Watch the interview with lil Wayne.  That's what finished him off

All of those Wideout are the best or among the best, but Julio and AJ can't take a short slant pass and turn that into a touchdown. I am iffy if Antonio can do so or not. However age counts for a lot, all of those other wideouts are 30, Odell 26. 

All I'm saying is that you cant build around a receiver. Getting what they did for him was well worth it.  Could they have gotten more who knows.   Cant blame eli for everything bad with the Giants.  And do I believe we need to move on with Eli also the answer is yes.  

7 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

That record is wrong btw. Odell has barely played over 60 games in his career. 

Odell faking an injury last 4 games is such nonsense because there is no reason for him to not play those games.

lastly he isn’t replaceable. Tell me of another player in the league that can score anywhere and at any time on the field? He’s a rare talent hence not replaceable

But but but he’s just a WR and WR don’t win games!!!!!!!!

56 minutes ago, Cuziam71 said:

Hey kodaraw name a top 5 receiver that won a superbowl.    Oh wait Odell is your God.  3 potential starters is better then a talented but selfish star. 

Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Greg Jennings, Marvin Harrison, Hakeem Nicks. 3 of them were undoubtedly top 5 WRs. 2 of them are debatable. Then you had guys who very easily could’ve been on the winning side but were unfortunate such as Fitz, Moss. When was the last time an elite pass rusher won a SB? See I can do it too

You named Jerry rice and Michael Irvin lol. They were on super teams with hall of fame quarterbacks running backs and great tight ends along with stellar defenses.  Greg Jennings lol. You make my argument much easier.  

Elite pass rushers

Lawrence Taylor's reggie white Richard dent Charles haley just to name 4 hall of Famers.  

I guy you think it's better to have a great receiver then a great pass rusher.  This is getting embarrassing 

Let's assume Gettleman does indeed have a plan and it pulls it off. Lands a QB, addresses the Oline, and builds up the defense....If 3 years from now this team is competing for the division and playoffs with a franchise QB, elite RB, solid Oline, and good defense... do you still look back and call OBJ irreplaceable?

1 hour ago, Shockey1979 said:

Let's assume Gettleman does indeed have a plan and it pulls it off. Lands a QB, addresses the Oline, and builds up the defense....If 3 years from now this team is competing for the division and playoffs with a franchise QB, elite RB, solid Oline, and good defense... do you still look back and call OBJ irreplaceable?

I think the irreplaceable label will be determined to be right or not if he continues to be dominant on his new team. It doesnt matter what we do. 

But if that's the case, then the trade will have been worth it and Gettleman would have been right for making it. We wouldn't have replaced OBJ, but turned him into assets for other positions. 

Archived