Thoughts on Cousins

patriotsheatyan

On 3/4/2019 at 9:36 PM, NFL_Announcer said:

Cousins should be fine.. he'd be a lot better if he wasn't behind the worst OL in the NFL (yes the Vikings have FAR replaced Seattle in this regard) with absolutely ZERO run game to speak of. 

Houston, Buffalo and Arizona say "hold my beer".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Unless he wins a Superbowl with Minnesota I don't have any interest in signing him past his 3 year contract.

This 100%. If The Vikings Miss the playoffs again I consider a 2nd-3rd Round QB to see if it lights a fire under Cousins in his last year.

On 3/6/2019 at 1:52 AM, UtahUtesFan said:

As overrated as Cousins is, I'd still take him any day of the week over Keenum. 

Cousins is still the best of that trio of QB moves.  That isn’t however saying a whole ton when it’s Cousins, Alex Smith and Case Keenum. They are all capable of being average in the right position, never spectactular. 

Carr on the other hand is one of those cases where he got hot, was talked about for MVP, was being viewed as a better option then Rivers and then fell off a cliff to average. We saw it happen with Flacco, Grossman, Cassel, Schaub... sustained success is hard to achieve. I’d be wary of Mahomes except the fact that he is safely under the wing of Andy Reid. 

On 3/7/2019 at 10:31 PM, KOTN-93 said:

This 100%. If The Vikings Miss the playoffs again I consider a 2nd-3rd Round QB to see if it lights a fire under Cousins in his last year.

I'd give up a third round pick and bring Rosen on board to light a fire under him this year.  No reason to wait as long as the opportunity is available.

On 3/9/2019 at 10:11 AM, Boltstrikes said:

Carr on the other hand is one of those cases where he got hot, was talked about for MVP, was being viewed as a better option then Rivers and then fell off a cliff to average. We saw it happen with Flacco, Grossman, Cassel, Schaub... sustained success is hard to achieve. 

That's not true at all--Grossman ended up being well below average. :D

I think Carr's play will improve, though, and as Gruden pointed out, people sort of ignored the fact he got better in the second half of the season.

As to Cousins, once they get that line right (or closer to it), he'll be fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

That's not true at all--Grossman ended up being well below average. :D

I think Carr's play will improve, though, and as Gruden pointed out, people sort of ignored the fact he got better in the second half of the season.

As to Cousins, once they get that line right (or closer to it), he'll be fine. 

🤣 I was more of saying that for a three game stretch Grossman looked like Superman out there. Then Sexy Rexy became Blake Bortles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'd give up a third round pick and bring Rosen on board to light a fire under him this year.  No reason to wait as long as the opportunity is available.

Really think thats all itd take? Considering age and potential i bet it takes at least a 1st. Hell Bradford got a 1st.

On 2/20/2019 at 1:55 AM, N4L said:

Cousins is a solid QB. His problem has been he turns into a pumpkin in primetime games and has been anti-clutch. 

He hasn't been terrible overall, just when it matters most. It's a problem 

But should 'solid" QBs be paid like elite ones?   I don't think they should but a lot of average QBs might be the most overpaid athletes in sports.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:06 AM, patriotsheatyan said:

His contract seems to have become a punch line.

1: Can he change that narrative?

2: What are the odds he will?

3: What do you think of the contract a year removed?

4: What do you think of him overall as a starting QB?

5: Other?

I genuinely thought the thread was asking my opinions of my cousins but I guess I’ll answer it

1. The Vikings are/were already heading in the right direction

2. I think he’s good at putting up stats but don’t think he’s a tier 1 or 2 qb that will put a team over the top 

3. Obnoxious but this is the nfl now so not that obnoxious 

4. Good but not great. 

5. Yes