Potential Trades the bills can make

soflbillsfan

The bills have holes that will likely not be all answered in free agency or draft this year so the next move would be to look at possible trades that would benefit both teams. Two guys that will likely not be on the trade block but could make sense. 

Xavier Rhodes CB for Minnesota. I doubt he will be available but with limited cap of $5 mil, and them looking to beef up Thielan's contract I could see Xavier being a cap casualty. 28 year old corner who is coming off a not so great season. He is still a stud corner and could match up great with Tre on the other side and having Levi Wallace rotating in. I could see a 3rd rd pick for him as well as a late rd pick or 2020 mid rd pick.

Aj Green WR for Cincinnati. I doubt they move on from him as well but coming off of back to back season on IR, turning 31 years old and in his last year of his contract. Bengals can look to the future by stock piling draft picks as they are likely in a rebuild year with a new regime coming to town. Something that hasnt happened in over 15 years. I could see the bills giving up a 2nd rd pick as well as a 2020 2nd day pick.

Again I doubt that these will happen but they are definitely intriguing and not so out there moves. What about other scenarios in the trade department?

I am not a huge fan of either trade. AJ Green has had a hard time staying healthy. I wouldn't hate bringing him on board though, if the price is right and he only has one year left on his deal. I am dead set on drafting a WR in the first two rounds. If we can trade back in the first round and get another second round pick, that would be my ideal scenario. I don't want to pay Rhodes 10 million a year to be a #2 cb. I want to build the O line in FA and add young skill players through the draft.

13 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I am not a huge fan of either trade. AJ Green has had a hard time staying healthy. I wouldn't hate bringing him on board though, if the price is right and he only has one year left on his deal. I am dead set on drafting a WR in the first two rounds. If we can trade back in the first round and get another second round pick, that would be my ideal scenario. I don't want to pay Rhodes 10 million a year to be a #2 cb. I want to build the O line in FA and add young skill players through the draft.

I get your argument, I was simply throwing out a topic for people to suggest who they would like to trade for. Drafting a Wr in the 1st two rounds doesnt necessarily land you a talented guy, even with Aj injury the last 2 years he is still a top tier wr and would take him over any candidate in the draft right now but thats my opinion on him. As for rhodes the bills have 80+ mil this year and a ton more in 2020 they have to spend it and if you have rhodes at #2 for 2-3 more years tre and turons rookie salaries balance it all out for them. I rather pay for top talent that can produce then hope to build in the draft in mid rounds. The bills have been fortunate enough to get key pieces in the draft but they still need experience and talent like those 2 can assist on helping them. I do expect oline to be answered in free agency and the bills will likely have a crap ton more cap space once they land them and they will not be able to answer all of their issues in that avenue nor in the draft specifically Wr, the free agent market is fairly weak and the draft have question marks on every wr out there which is why I suggest a WR trade. Again dont mean to take away from the point of the thread is which players would you want to trade for that would be some what realistic?

I have no interest in moving draft picks for either player given their age and contract and don't expect Beane to either.

AJ Green is a player I LOVE but he's 30 and seems to always have nagging injuries that sideline him at some point. I wouldn't bet on him being healthier going forward.. 

Xavier Rhodes is a problem personality from what I've seen. Don't think I see him fitting in with McBeane's 'culture'. I'd be surprised if he goes for only a 3rd round pick too.

Archived