Rumor: Wilson to the Giants

Kiwibrown

24 minutes ago, Raves said:

The Raiders wouldn't be a bad spot for Haskins at all.  They can't move from Carr this offseason regardless due to the deadmoney hit, but let Haskins sit for a year and learn which is needed since he only started one year, then send Carr off for picks when his dead money is down to 5 mil.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Carr getting upwards of a late 1st round pick from a team like the Saints if they don't keep Bridgewater as it would be a good transition from Brees to Carr.

They can trade Carr with only $7.5 million in dead money which would save them like 12.5 million this season. They can't cut him because of guarantees in his base salary but in a trade that would transfer to his new team. I don't know if they would or should but they certainly could.

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They can trade Carr with only $7.5 million in dead money which would save them like 12.5 million this season. They can't cut him because of guarantees in his base salary but in a trade that would transfer to his new team. I don't know if they would or should but they certainly could.

I guess I was confused by that then.  Well if that's the case I could see Carr going for a late 1st/early 2nd this year as well if they drafted Haskins.  Carr is a better QB than what he can show in Oakland IMO and the right team would jump at the opportunity to pick him up.

Archived