What coaches currently have trade value?

patriotsheatyan

If they were put on the block, what coaches do you think would have someone give something up? Positional coaches and coordinators included. I’m actually especially interested in why teams never give up picks for coordinators. I think quite a few coordinators and positional coaches would be worth draft picks.

And are there any you would personally give up draft picks for?

23 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

No, but he would net several 1st round picks.

He is used to building teams without first round picks, considering how many times the NFL has taken them away because of rule violations 

29 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

No, but he would net several 1st round picks.

At 66? No he wouldn’t. Bill would go for one first. 

I think McVay could go for 2 1sts even though he got owned in the Super Bowl. Sean Payton would go for a 1st. Andy Reid for a 1st. Even though he hasn’t proved anything, Kyle Shanahan would go for a 1st. Nagy and Reich would go for at least a 2nd. Harbaugh for a 2nd as well. 

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think McVay could go for 2 1sts even though he got owned in the Super Bowl. Sean Payton would go for a 1st. Andy Reid for a 1st. Even though he hasn’t proved anything, Kyle Shanahan would go for a 1st. Nagy and Reich would go for at least a 2nd. Harbaugh for a 2nd as well. 

Read the post before mine. It's assuming he would coach 10 more seasons.

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Raiders would have to trade all three FRPs they have to get rid of Gruden :P

(don't talk about Kyle LOL) 

Just now, N4L said:

Raiders would have to trade all three FRPs they have to get rid of Gruden :P

(don't talk about Kyle LOL) 

What I said about Kyle was basically a compliment... hasn’t proven a thing but is very highly regarded as he should be. He’s more of an offensive genius than McVay. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

What I said about Kyle was basically a compliment... hasn’t proven a thing but is very highly regarded as he should be. He’s more of an offensive genius than McVay. 

all in good fun

This article has me feeling like sunshine and rainbows

https://www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2019/2/20/18230248/terrell-davis-kyle-shanahan-is-the-next-bill-belichick

22 hours ago, N4L said:

So hes going to get fired from the 49ers, they are going to move, hes going to go back to an oc spot for one of his mentors. (Jon Gruden?) Lose a superbowl as an assistant, move with his mentor to their chief rival, his mentor will retire, he'll be named hc, then resign 1 day later.  Go back to original team as hc, spend the first 3 years struggling to mediocrity, draft a future HOF QB in the 6th round.  And go on to create the greatest dynasty in NFL history.  Well I guess the raiders and Mark Davis have something to look forward to.  Feel bad for 9ers fans.

• 3 weeks later...

Prior to the 2000 season the Patriots did trade for Belichick, who had mixed results at best in Cleveland the price:

A first- (16th), a fourth- and a fifth-round pick to the Jets (an inter division rival). Obviously New England won that trade. 

A better comparison is on is probably the Jets hiring of Parcells. That trade went as follows:

Jets traded its 1999 first-round selection (28th), as well as its third- and fourth-round selections in 1997 (61st and 97th), and second-round selection in 1998 (52nd) to New England as compensation for hiring head coach Parcells in 1997.

I’d say Belichick today is worth multiple first rounders. 

Archived