Bengals hire Lou Anarumo as Defensive Coordinator

49erurtaza

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

His staff looks shaky.

Gotcha, and I agree.  That said, I'm still optimistic.  He seems to have guys he can trust and will work with him.  Anyone that saw Hard Knocks and the interactions between Hue/Haley/Williams/Freddie knew that was a disaster.  So I'm glad he has guys that he's worked with, and can trust.

Whether they are the best candidates for their positions seems highly questionable.  At the same time, they are not retreads and without knowing a lot about them, I still feel confident that they are better than Marvin and his staff.  Marvin was good at one point, but the game has passed him...

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Oh i don't care.  I have enough things to do.  I don't need to add to it "lay awake at night wondering what some stranger thinks about a team i root for but don't have any real connection to".

Whatever happens, happens.

I know you feel that way.  i was speaking in more general times, but happened to tie it to your response.  Sorry for the confusion

19 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Gotcha, and I agree.  That said, I'm still optimistic.  He seems to have guys he can trust and will work with him.  Anyone that saw Hard Knocks and the interactions between Hue/Haley/Williams/Freddie knew that was a disaster.  So I'm glad he has guys that he's worked with, and can trust.

Whether they are the best candidates for their positions seems highly questionable.  At the same time, they are not retreads and without knowing a lot about them, I still feel confident that they are better than Marvin and his staff.  Marvin was good at one point, but the game has passed him...

You have to have optimism. You're at least getting a fresh start. I hope he pans out for you. I was just surprised that he didn't pull any real heavy hitters (although, Callahan's son seems to be respected).

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You have to have optimism. You're at least getting a fresh start. I hope he pans out for you. I was just surprised that he didn't pull any real heavy hitters (although, Callahan's son seems to be respected).

Brian Callahan is the guy I'm most excited about on the staff.  Everything he's said so far is on point.  Which means he'll probably be poached in 2-3 years...

I’m gonna give this staff 2 years to show progress. I don’t expect much this first year, but if the same problems emerge the following year with no plan to remedy, that will show me all I need to know. For years Marvin had the same issues but never was able to resolve them. 

Archived