What Bright Young Star Should Steelers Sign To Replace Mike Tomlin?

Money

Clemson DC. Maybe he'll bring a defensive mindset to the team. Consistently puts together a top defense. 

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/07/19/clemson-brent-venables-extension-contract

Thinking something like 6 years. Pay him $7m to leave Clemson as a signing on bonus. Total compensation $48.5m

Year One - $3.5m salary

Bonus: $250,000 to have #1 defense. $500,000 to make playoffs. $250,000 to win Coach of the Year

Year Two: $4.5m salary

Bonus: $250,000 to lead league in sacks. $250,000 for 10 wins. $500,000 to make playoffs

Year Three: $5.75m salary

Bonus: $250,000 to lead league in sacks. $250,000 to lead league in turnovers. $500,000 to win Super Bowl

Year Four: $5.75m salary

Bonus: $250,000 to lead league in turnovers. $250,000 for 12 wins. $500,000 to make playoffs

Year Five: $7.5m salary

Bonus: $1,000,000 to win Super Bowl

Year Six: $7.5m salary

Bonus: $2,000,000 to win Super Bowl

This is the bright young star of the modern times. He can usher in a Steel Curtain for years to come.

17 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I feel like its gotta someone with coaching pedigree. 

agreed.

it seems as tho the quality of individual coming out of college has changed for the worse. thinking that letting 'men be men' isnt going to cut it.

todays game is so specialized that 'square peg round hole' philosophy wont get you too far.

Honestly I feel like if in the future there is a change at head coach that we need to get a guy that is an offencive mind. Here's my mentality, I feel like what we would need to do is go out there and get really strong established defensive coordinator. Even if it is a guy from college football that is part of the development process of these up-and-coming Stars we see in the NFL today. I feel like because the defense is such an issue that perhaps in the future we need to separate the head coach and defensive coordinator from that responsibility and maybe not even have an offensive coordinator

Anyone see tomlin retiring or taking a break when his deal is up? he's still very young, but he has been coaching here since 2007 and his deal is up after 2020? that would be 14 seasons at one place. How many coaches have stayed at one place for 13+ years? noll, sula, Landry, Bill and maybe a few others. Cowher retired around his 15th yr here. so I can the steelers looking for a new HC soon, even if we keep winning. A local reporter brought up the idea of Tomlin stepping back once his boys were in college.

Archived