You all are slacking : Browns sign Jaelen strong

mistakey

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Also, I give Strong a less than 1% chance to make the roster, so no need to worry about who's spot he's taking.

Suspension issues: check

Coming off an ACL tear: check

Bust at his first stop: check

Bust at his second stop: check

Sat out last year: check

That's a lot of checks in the wrong column.

I'd sign Kevin White too and the winner can be invited to be on the preseason roster with a chance to make the active roster. The loser can be cut during or before training camp.

I like this signing. I was a big fan of Strong when he was coming out. Bring in as much potential at the WR position to settle the last 3 spots. Landry Calloway and Higg is our top 3 let’s find WRs who can survive the battle for the last 3 spots. 

I like this signing too.

Strong is exactly what we were looking for.  We have deep threats in Callaway and Perriman (hopefully he resigns but this signing will not change that)

We have a small slot receiver in Juice.

This is a tall, athletic, possession receiver who catches the ball very well and is good at high pointing it.  He is fast or quick. Ran a good 40 but with pads during a game doesn't seem to be nearly as fast as his combine numbers show.  This is just a possession guy who is good in the end zone.  At the very least this is what I was looking to add.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I like this signing. I was a big fan of Strong when he was coming out. Bring in as much potential at the WR position to settle the last 3 spots. Landry Calloway and Higg is our top 3 let’s find WRs who can survive the battle for the last 3 spots. 

This is my exact thoughts on this one.....

I was one of the folks that thought he should have been a 1rst rounder the year he came out.

He possibly dosent make the roster....but if we also resign Perriman, I see that as were not drafting another WR after drafting 2 last year.....I say this says more about the draft strategy....I mean if AJ Brown or DK Metcalf is available in round 3....there's no way we can NOT draft that type of value there....

And in a Separate and Individual post.....Congrats to Mistake!!!!!.....great guy and good poster ;) .......I've been posting with this guy for years and it couldnt happen to a nicer Cat. May your new Union be blessed with peace, tranquility and stability.

Jaelen Strong just turned 25 and especially missed last season because of an ACL tear he suffered in 2017. He was able to score 3 touchdowns as a rookie in 2015. Rehabbing from an ACL is a lot of hard work and he could very well be in even better physical shape now. He was a 4.44 guy with a 42" vert and 10'3 Broad at 217 pounds which is exception explosive abilities for a guy that big. 

At first I was writing this signing off as a fresh camp body, but if he is hungry after the year off, his injury and a dose of reality when it comes to the NFL's nothing is given you better work for it structure Strong could very well make and impact on the team in 2019.

7 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

This is my exact thoughts on this one.....

I was one of the folks that thought he should have been a 1rst rounder the year he came out.

He possibly dosent make the roster....but if we also resign Perriman, I see that as were not drafting another WR after drafting 2 last year.....I say this says more about the draft strategy....I mean if AJ Brown or DK Metcalf is available in round 3....there's no way we can NOT draft that type of value there....

My mindset is, if we are expecting the 4th thru 6th WR to be huge parts of our offense. Something drastically happen to our other playmakers.  Literally the Landry Callaway Higgins Njoku Chubb Duke (hunt) #2 TE (maybe) should play a more vital role for the offense than WR #4, 5, and 6. Go get me the guy who wins a competition. Now I wouldn’t mind the Browns going out and say get a legit #1 type guy but im not going to care really who the back end of the WR group. Hell, go get Braxton Miller and see what he can do with Henry. Get some of the best athletes you can find for the positions or get the guys who flamed out with their former team and see if they can put it together here. Let the strong survivor literally and figuratively 

Archived