You all are slacking : Browns sign Jaelen strong

mistakey

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

I’m still not convinced perriman does- he had 310 yards and 2 touchdowns.  Baker mayfield is gonna make a bunch of breshad perrimans 

Exactly. Baker will make anyone look good. Opposing defenses can’t cover everyone at the same time. Majority of teams don’t have QBs that can process that and find the open guy. I think Baker is one of those guys that can do that. Hence why he was so good at spreading around the targets. Opposing teams were able to take away his best option for a given passing play but Baker can process a coverage pretty quickly and is able to find his open man and let it rip. If Ratley or Willies doesn’t get hurt, what kind of season could they have had because that’s the only reason Permian was on the squad. Perriman was just doing the same things those two guys were doing 

Perriamn deserves to be in Cleveland right now but he has to earn his roster spot for the regular season. If he wins the battle, well hell yeah that just means he just followed up prolly his best stretch as a pro with a great preseason and is ready to hit the ground running for the season. That’s how it should be for any of the WRs 4-6. They all won an intense battle in camp and preseason and now should be ready to go. 

15 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Hollywood Brown, I have to think Dorsey is looking at him and especially the tape with Baker at OU and thinking that’s his next Tyreek Hill.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him at 17, even if WR isn’t the biggest need.

I think earliest we are looking at WR would be round 2. The earliest Dorsey has ever drafted a WR is round 3, Chris Conley in 2015. I think we are almost certainly looking at a DE or DT at 17. But if he does go WR, Brown or Metcalf would almost certainly be it.

48 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I’m still not convinced perriman does- he had 310 yards and 2 touchdowns.  Baker mayfield is gonna make a bunch of breshad perrimans 

I agree, but I think the key is to have guys who are consistent and hungry.  Perriman came in hungry, as his career was on the ropes.  Now Strong is the same way.  You get physically gifted guys who are motivated, and get them at a good price?  That's what great GM's are made of.

5 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

I think earliest we are looking at WR would be round 2. The earliest Dorsey has ever drafted a WR is round 3, Chris Conley in 2015. I think we are almost certainly looking at a DE or DT at 17. But if he does go WR, Brown or Metcalf would almost certainly be it.

Agree.  I just don't see us going WR in Round 1.  Maybe TE, but I doubt that also.  It seems like some of the later round guys at WR have some promise, while the D-linemen seem to fade quickly after the early rounds.  Give me D-line early in this draft.  Weapons can be had later in this draft.

My exception is probably Hockenson.  I will not be disappointed if he's our pick at 17.

58 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I agree, but I think the key is to have guys who are consistent and hungry.  Perriman came in hungry, as his career was on the ropes.  Now Strong is the same way.  You get physically gifted guys who are motivated, and get them at a good price?  That's what great GM's are made of.

I thought they were made of chewing gum and bad fashion sense.

I was way off buddy boy.

57 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Agree.  I just don't see us going WR in Round 1.  Maybe TE, but I doubt that also.  It seems like some of the later round guys at WR have some promise, while the D-linemen seem to fade quickly after the early rounds.  Give me D-line early in this draft.  Weapons can be had later in this draft.

My exception is probably Hockenson.  I will not be disappointed if he's our pick at 17.

To add on to this point in bold. The deeper I get into watching this draft class the more and more my feeling of a weak draft is coming true. I do think the WR deep depth is very solid though. The way I see it right now is that I wouldn't waste a 6th or 7th round draft pick on anyone in this draft except WR. I'd rather trade them for future picks or veterans teams are looking to move on from. Every other position group runs dry and you will be picking from clear UDFA talents as early as the 6th round. With the WRs group I think there are some gems throughout.

I 100% agree with the underline. I have been thinking more and more about the overall construction of the roster and flexibility in the future. We currently have 4 guys who are due a giant raise in 2021 with Garrett, Peppers, Njoku and Ogunjobi. O-Gun with be an UFA and a must to sign long term while the other three even if we pick up their 5th year options would be getting a huge raise and press out cap. 

David Njoku is good, young and improving, but even with that I don't see him ever truly being an elite Top 6 type weapon at TE. We also clearly need a better second option at TE, so we could take a stud muffin like Hockenson and then trade Njoku in 2 season when we have had time to find a replacement through the draft and then have an additional 2 years of a rookie wage to on Hockenson to keep our cap situation manageable. If Hockenson proves he can be a Top 6 guy then we have to pay out a big TE contact, but by that time there will be a boat load of money off the books.

3 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Give me D-line early in this draft.  Weapons can be had later in this draft.

This is about where I’m at.

I wouldn’t mind an OT in the second if they’re bpa, but generally speaking I want this DL beefed up.

On 2/25/2019 at 8:11 AM, mistakey said:

Gotta have the right kind of clay to make one. 6'3" 215 with 4.2 speed and decent hands don't just grow on trees.

9 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Gotta have the right kind of clay to make one. 6'3" 215 with 4.2 speed and decent hands don't just grow on trees.

If all comes down to money. Obviously everyone wants him back and he could be a great asset to our offense, but he played a distant 4th to Landry, Calloway and Higgins with only 39.8% of the reps. If he is unwilling to sign for a decent contract then we aren't really losing much. A quality 2nd TE would more than fill 39.8% of a 4th WRs reps.

Archived