Which Running Backs make the roster?

pwny

On the surface, this seems like a simple one.

• Leonard Fournette
  • Corey Grant
  • Chris Ivory
  • TJ Yeldon
  • Marquez Williams

All seems like they’re going to make the roster.

The problem here lies with the injuries and some other issues. Leonard Fournette is banged up (but should be ready for week one). TJ Yeldon will be missing some time. Chris Ivory has been ineffective, but no one has outshone him further down the roster.

Week one could theoretically open with only two active Halfbacks on the roster; Ivory and Grant. Even if Fournette is active, he may be on a play count either due to injury recovery or the team trying to ease a rookie into the NFL.

Will they carry an extra RB? Will they cut one of the aforementioned 5? If thy do take someone outside of this group, who would it be?

• Tommy Bohanon
  • DuJuan Harris
  • Tim Cook
  • Jonathan Grimes

Or do they look through other teams’ cuts to find the missing piece for this group?

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

He’s the only guy that’s shown even the slightest bit of consistency catching the ball

And isn't a liability in pass pro. Grant and Ivory are not good in that regard at all. Yeldon is a solid 3DRB

4 hours ago, iPwn said:

He’s the only guy that’s shown even the slightest bit of consistency catching the ball

The only healthy one. The rook looks like he was extremely underrated on catching out of the backfield. 

Just now, Jags said:

The only healthy one. The rook looks like he was extremely underrated on catching out of the backfield. 

Our defense hasn’t ever been able to impact RBs receiving and stop them. So while he’s shown some things, until it is against a legitimate defense, I’m gonna hold off on thinking he can have an impact of any sort in the passing game.

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

Our defense hasn’t ever been able to impact RBs receiving and stop them. So while he’s shown some things, until it is against a legitimate defense, I’m gonna hold off on thinking he can have an impact of any sort in the passing game.

True. Speaking of Rooks, if Williams can continue to show promise as a receiver out of the backfield and pass blocking, he could possibly fill that role. Then again, I don't know why we're so quick to drop Yeldon because he's cheap and is the best/ most consistent 3rd down option by a far. 

On 8/26/2017 at 3:59 PM, VLoo said:

And isn't a liability in pass pro. Grant and Ivory are not good in that regard at all. Yeldon is a solid 3DRB

Grant has looked okay to me as blocker(not great but passable). Plus he seems like the only rb who seems to hit big plays so i wouldnt neccessarily use him as a blocker. Keep lewis in to block. 

Archived