Better Career: Brett Favre, Drew Brees, Dan Marino, Steve Young,

mdonnelly21

59 members have voted

1. 1. Better Career

Drew Brees is the only one I don't consider an underachiever. Those Packers teams from 00-04 should have at least got to 1 NFC Championship if not the Super Bowl. Those Steve Young 49ers could have went to at least 1 more super bowl. Losing to the FALCONS. Come on man.

9 minutes ago, Malik said:

Drew Brees is the only one I don't consider an underachiever. Those Packers teams from 00-04 should have at least got to 1 NFC Championship if not the Super Bowl. Those Steve Young 49ers could have went to at least 1 more super bowl. Losing to the FALCONS. Come on man.

The Falcons went 14-2 that year, and had the 2nd highest DVOA in the league. They aren't the pushovers people think they were. 

A Drew Brees team lost to the 7-9 Seahawks in the playoffs. 30th in DVOA. Maybe get off the high horse a bit :) 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

The Falcons went 14-2 that year, and had the 2nd highest DVOA in the league. They aren't the pushovers people think they were. 

A Drew Brees team lost to the 7-9 Seahawks in the playoffs. Maybe get off the high horse a bit :) 

That 2010 Saints team wasn't going to go anywhere even if they did (and they absolutely did) choke against the Seahawks. Implying Steve Young was a choker isn't fair though because his career as a starter was much smaller and he was injured a lot on the backhalf of his career even though he was still playing at a high level when not injured.

8 hours ago, vikes635 said:

Marino, Give me an argument that doesn't include the team accomplishment like Super Bowl winner.   

If this was an argument for another position like Offensive Line you'd have a valid argument, however at QB that's an baseless one. It's the quarterback's job to lead the team. He has the ball in his hands more than anyone else.

11 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

A Drew Brees team lost to the 7-9 Seahawks in the playoffs. 30th in DVOA. Maybe get off the high horse a bit :) 

I don't pin that loss on Brees.  He's played better games, but the defense let Matt Hasselbeck throw for 4 TDs, and gave up the infamous beast mode run that game.  

You're right though, the Falcons were no pushover that year.

17 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

If we're talking career, I think the guy that was 3x SB winner, SB MVP, 2x AP MVP, 3x All Pro has the clear best. Marino is the best passer in this comparison, but Young was the most accomplished.

Correction Young is 1x SB Champion, his SB wins on the bench don't count. Unless you think Jimmy G is current 2x SB champ?

I have my list as 1. Marino 2. Favre 3. Young 4. Drew Brees

Archived