Gerald McCoy isn't going anywhere

bucsfan333

19 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Or move back...

I think they'll wait and see if one of Allen, Bosa or Williams slips to to us. If not, I think we're moving down given our needs and the drop off after those 3 talent wise...

I mean if the board falls a certain way, I'm sure we would love to move down. But finding that partner isn't always easy. Obviously a ton depends on what Arizona does at #1. If they take Kyler Murray, we have a shot at one of the big 3. 

5 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

I mean if the board falls a certain way, I'm sure we would love to move down. But finding that partner isn't always easy. Obviously a ton depends on what Arizona does at #1. If they take Kyler Murray, we have a shot at one of the big 3. 

please let AZ be dumb enough to take a QB number 1

then the Giants are going to get antsy as all hell and try to trade up meaning we will definitely be getting one of the top 3

I wonder if GMC s contract gets reworked.  Keep his salary the same, but knocking down his cap hit.  I think this has to be involved.

The whole teams are in cap trouble is over blown.  As far as free agency, if they can get Mathieu and a decent olinemen, I m good.  We already know Smith is returning.  DJax or Hump will be returning.  Just a matter if Kwon gets resigned at this point.

8 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

please let AZ be dumb enough to take a QB number 1

then the Giants are going to get antsy as all hell and try to trade up meaning we will definitely be getting one of the top 3

Yeah, if Arizona goes Murray at #1, then one of the Giants/Jags will almost certainly move up, likely with SF at #2. I'm guessing if that happens, then Williams is probably the one to fall as I can't see the Jets and Raiders passing up the edge rushers.  

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Pass on Kwon. Jordan Hicks is out there and a much cheaper option. Way better in coverage too. 

Trading down and getting an edge rusher should be the first option. Polite in a trade down, use them picks to fortify the OL and CB depth.

Jordan Hicks isn't gonna cost less than Kwon. He's arguably the best ILB in the FA class...

13 hours ago, indifference said:

He is always hurt and he is not on the level of CJ Mosley.

Neither is Kwon though and he's coming off injury as well...

Kwon is one of the league worst in missed tackles for LBs. Stats back it up.

I think you're gonna see Hicks cost just as much and likely more than Kwon...

22 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Neither is Kwon though and he's coming off injury as well...

Kwon is one of the league worst in missed tackles for LBs. Stats back it up.

I think you're gonna see Hicks cost just as much and likely more than Kwon...

Reason why I dont want Kwon being resigned in the first place. His tackling is below average. Anyway, I guess we’ll see but Hicks doesnt have any accolades under his belt. Where as Kwon and his agent will definitely use “pro bowl” on his resume to get paid. 

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Reason why I dont want Kwon being resigned in the first place. His tackling is below average. Anyway, I guess we’ll see but Hicks doesnt have any accolades under his belt. Where as Kwon and his agent will definitely use “pro bowl” on his resume to get paid. 

Majority of teams FOs are so analytically driven now, they don't really care about the personal accolades...

His agent can try to sell him however he wants, but teams have the ability via their algorithms to see through that BS now...

6 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Majority of teams FOs are so analytically driven now, they don't really care about the personal accolades...

His agent can try to sell him however he wants, but teams have the ability via their algorithms to see through that BS now...

algorithms cant account for everything

as much as i hate to say it and as much as i also agree that Kwon is overrated HE IS one of the leaders on that defense

sad to say , but its true

27 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

algorithms cant account for everything

as much as i hate to say it and as much as i also agree that Kwon is overrated HE IS one of the leaders on that defense

sad to say , but its true

Not saying they do, as you're correct. There are intangibles like leadership on/off the field that can't be measured with data.

My point was, that personal accolade (like a pro bowl selection) aren't going to be considered to increase value in a team's eyes...

23 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Not saying they do, as you're correct. There are intangibles like leadership on/off the field that can't be measured with data.

My point was, that personal accolade (like a pro bowl selection) aren't going to be considered to increase value in a team's eyes...

ya i would hope not

i mean idk man, like i said , our defense is so bad Kwon was a leader, and he doesnt necessarily make us that much better

hopefully this new organization can turn things around from that leadership perspective, get these guys believing , and get some quality leadership from a players perspective

5 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

ya i would hope not

i mean idk man, like i said , our defense is so bad Kwon was a leader, and he doesnt necessarily make us that much better

hopefully this new organization can turn things around from that leadership perspective, get these guys believing , and get some quality leadership from a players perspective

We gave up like half a yard more per carry after Kwon went down. He misses tackles, no doubt. But we definitely took a hit after his injury.

And Kwon was the leader of this defense. He was the voice for that side of the ball.

Archived