Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

Ealy is the definition of a one hit wonder and fans still over estimate him off that one game. The Panthers gave him away to move in the 2nd round and he was cut by the Pats. That's 2 good organizations that know Dline. Clearly... the guy isn't as good as people thought he was.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The Browns are "aggressively" trying to trade CB Joe Haden. Unfortunately for them he is set to make bank the next couple years so trading him will be extremely difficult.

I feel like theres a way to acquire him, but its gonna take a serious restructure when it happens. Give them guys like Amerson, Nelson and other expiring contracts.

19 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

I feel like theres a way to acquire him, but its gonna take a serious restructure when it happens. Give them guys like Amerson, Nelson and other expiring contracts.

They wouldn't take 34 year old Nelson for J. Haden, they would need 2-3 early to mid-round draft picks to go along with that trade at least.  I would totally love if it happened but that is nothing more than a dream.  Maybe try and trade TE C. Walford and a 2nd-3rd round pick?  They could use another TE to go with their rookie QB.  They would be able to utilize 2 TE sets with him and D. Njoku.  As for D. Amerson, no way should we trade our only decent/proven CB.

1 hour ago, RaiderX said:

Amerson is better than Hayden at this point. No thanks!

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

They wouldn't take 34 year old Nelson for J. Haden, they would need 2-3 early to mid-round draft picks to go along with that trade at least.  I would totally love if it happened but that is nothing more than a dream.  Maybe try and trade TE C. Walford and a 2nd-3rd round pick?  They could use another TE to go with their rookie QB.  They would be able to utilize 2 TE sets with him and D. Njoku.  As for D. Amerson, no way should we trade our only decent/proven CB.

From what I gather, they really like DeValve there. Telfer too. Both those guys get more love from the fan base than Clive does with ours. I like Clive and all, but he's not really an improvement there. I also think that's a lot to give up for him. He has a killer resume, but he's showing signs of age/ wear and tear. He would be our number one probably, but cheap assets are going to be crucial for this Raiders team once Mack's deal gets done and Cooper's is looming.

Totally agree on Amerson too. 

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Exactly if there goal is to save a little money, swap Smith for Hayden and a pick. Hayden, Amerson, Conley, Carrie would be solid.

Haha the Browns won't do that but I wouldn't be opposed to it. I don't hate Smith. I know Hayden struggled a bit last year so they are both looking to improve this season. I didn't watch any games but the pick could make it worth it. 

12 hours ago, roi34 said:

Trade Amerson for Hayden? wth... People get so caught up with big names. People obviously only watch raiders games. Hayden hasn't been that good in 2-3 years. 

On this site every player with any name recognition gets a "what about this guy post". It's just how it is. Even if the guy is done. We got a great pick up with Amerson so why not haha jk...

Archived