Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

If he does, KNJ needs to be fired in the locker room after the game.

He needed to be fired at halftime of this last game.  Coming off a bye week and you can only muster 2 stops.  The second one coming with the back up QB in and all they are doing is using as much of the clock as possible.

I was messing around with the ESPN Playoff Machine and all it would take to be in the 6th seed would be us beating a horrible Denver team, Bills losing to the Chiefs and Ravens losing to the Texans. 

It's embarrassing that we're still in the race. The AFC is a hot mess.

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Casey Hayward is lockdown, I remember when he was one of the last CB's on the market coming from GB, Reggie had all the chance in the world to sign him, and he signs with the Chargers for 5M a year.:(

No one knew he'd play this well. That is why he was one of the last FAs signed. I wanted him too but we went after SS. What a difference that would have been.

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Kirk Cousins is a better QB than Carr imo.

The early knock on Cousins was that he was an interception machine, but he does seem like he's getting that under control.  And he's almost always had YPA numbers that Carr can only dream of.  It does increasingly look like at the end of this season Cousins will have completed his second year with a passer rating over 100 before Carr logs his first. (I am not counting Cousins' 5-game 101.6 2013 season.) 

3 minutes ago, 808sinfour4time said:

The early knock on Cousins was that he was an interception machine, but he does seem like he's getting that under control.  And he's almost always had YPA numbers that Carr can only dream of.  It does increasingly look like at the end of this season Cousins will have completed his second year with a passer rating over 100 before Carr logs his first. (I am not counting Cousins' 5-game 101.6 2013 season.) 

All that while missing most of his weapons and half of his Oline. 

Looking past the numbers though, Cousins on the field plays grittier than Carr. He will hang in the pocket and get destroyed and make the throw. He's not the most athletic guy in the world but he finds a way to extend plays and make plays that aren't there. And like you said, he attacks downfield and doesn't just settle for the safe throw, like Carr does far to often. 

Cousins has definitely won me over with his play this year. Imagine if he goes to the Broncos next year 

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

All that while missing most of his weapons and half of his Oline. 

Looking past the numbers though, Cousins on the field plays grittier than Carr. He will hang in the pocket and get destroyed and make the throw. He's not the most athletic guy in the world but he finds a way to extend plays and make plays that aren't there. And like you said, he attacks downfield and doesn't just settle for the safe throw, like Carr does far to often. 

Cousins has definitely won me over with his play this year. Imagine if he goes to the Broncos next year 

That would be just our luck as fans. 

17 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Pat Shumur's offense is looking real good....he might be a decent HC candidate this offseason. 

Feel like someone's been saying that lol? I've been a Shurmur guys for years. You look at his track record with QBs and he's exactly the type you want to pair with your $125 mil. QB.

That said... not sure if he's an HC or just an OC. His first gig didn't go so well. But it was Cleveland so..... Also, Jim Shwartz I could get behind needing a 2nd chance. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Feel like someone's been saying that lol? I've been a Shurmur guys for years. You look at his track record with QBs and he's exactly the type you want to pair with your $125 mil. QB.

That said... not sure if he's an HC or just an OC. His first gig didn't go so well. But it was Cleveland so..... Also, Jim Shwartz I could get behind needing a 2nd chance. 

I think Shurmur gets another chance this offseason, what he's done with  the Vikes QB situation, I'm sure some team will want to make him an HC. I think he could go to New York or even CHI to be paired with a young QB.

Schwartz on the other hand seems like a Wade Philips/Norv Turner type. Fantastic DC as evidenced in his stops in Buff and now Philly, however unlike Shurmur he's had an extended period as the Head guy. Besides I think teams that don't have established QBs will want an offensive guy to pair up with their young signal caller.

21 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

No one knew he'd play this well. That is why he was one of the last FAs signed. I wanted him too but we went after SS. What a difference that would have been.

And they get Varrett back next year,  along with Desmond King progressing.

27 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

And they get Varrett back next year,  along with Desmond King progressing.

I liked King as well. He is one of those guys that isn't great at anything but good at everything. Ball skills, tackling, man coverage. instincts, hips and footwork and IQ. But because he didn't pop like he did in 2015, he dropped to the 5th rd. Gonna be a good player for them in the slot for a long time IMO.

Archived