Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Very curious to see what they got. I feel like it could be a lot, or a little. 

I've seen a lot of people saying they should have gotten a 1st and then some. But I just don't see it. He demanded a trade (if the rumors are true) and there was only 1 team really pursuing him (if those rumors about Sf and Browns being luke warm on it). Not many teams give away firsts these days unless it's for a QB. I think it's going to be much lower than everyone expects. 

6 hours ago, NickButera said:

I've seen a lot of people saying they should have gotten a 1st and then some. But I just don't see it. He demanded a trade (if the rumors are true) and there was only 1 team really pursuing him (if those rumors about Sf and Browns being luke warm on it). Not many teams give away firsts these days unless it's for a QB. I think it's going to be much lower than everyone expects. 

Yeah I feel like a bunch of mid rounders or something underwhelming . Don't forget he wore out his welcome.

Wonder if he could have been a fit with us given that we have Lynch in house. No way KC would want to send him here though so the only hope was FA or some weird trade magic.

Love Peter's game and would welcome him here but unless Jay and Jon wanted to collude, I doubt our 1st would have been good enough for KC to let us get him. xD

Looking at our cap space and having less than 2 mil from previous cuts (T Howard being 1.4 of it) I think Reggie has done an good job overall but has EXCELLED at the cap/contract management HELL we were in when he arrived. Hoping RM and Gruden work well together.

34 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Amari will be the focal point of our passing offence" straight from the mouth of Gruden!
he later followed up saying just offence as well.

I for one am pumped. this guy needs touches. feeeed him

Feeding him isn't the problem, its him catching the ball.

44 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Feeding him isn't the problem, its him catching the ball.

honestly i think they go hand in hand.
I think the drops are mostly mental right now, whether it being him trying to hard, nervousness, or simply low confidence in himself right now, I think Gruden will help him get over that.
I also think you can do things to help him get in the game early, which will help his confidence as the game goes along.

It is common knowledge, teams with young QBs, gameplan to start out with hgih % throws to get the QB in rhythm early. 
If we feed Cooper early with easier catches, I believe, it will help the game slow down for him. The guy can catch a football, he just needs to get back to having fun, and not thinking so much about it. 

16 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

honestly i think they go hand in hand.
I think the drops are mostly mental right now, whether it being him trying to hard, nervousness, or simply low confidence in himself right now, I think Gruden will help him get over that.
I also think you can do things to help him get in the game early, which will help his confidence as the game goes along.

It is common knowledge, teams with young QBs, gameplan to start out with hgih % throws to get the QB in rhythm early. 
If we feed Cooper early with easier catches, I believe, it will help the game slow down for him. The guy can catch a football, he just needs to get back to having fun, and not thinking so much about it. 

I just read a stat that has Cooper ranked 49th among 49 qualifying receivers in tight window catch rate, passer rating and yards per catch.  Pretty sad for the number 4 overall pick.  I hope Gurden can help him improve in these areas.

Archived